Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 01:23 AM

Default 88s, too many ppl in the pot confused me

I didn't really feel comfortable the whole hand and am sure you guys can enlighten me/smack some sense into me! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Pacific Poker $0.5/$1 10 handed, LOOSE passive table.

I'm on button with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop:

UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, EP calls, MP1 checks (poster), MP2 folds (only tight player I've seen so far), MP3 calls, CO folds, I call, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, EP calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, I call (dammit maybe I should have folded here I don't have enough pot odds to call for trips but then I may have best hand based on these passives? I don't like my call now I think about it), BB calls

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB Checks, UTG bets, EP calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, I call (I finally have the right odds to call, should I have raised?), BB calls

River: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (I'm thinking I'm going to raise despite the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s but..)

BB Checks, UTG bets, EP calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, I call, BB folds. I was thinking I am likely to be beat with 1 bettor and 2 callers in front of me. Am I right? Or should I still raise?

I feel like I played all streets wrong [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2004, 02:07 AM

Default Re: 88s, too many ppl in the pot confused me

fold the flop, turn ok. call the river ( a river raise would be ok to I think).
Old 12-08-2004, 02:08 AM

Default Re: 88s, too many ppl in the pot confused me

I think you should fold the flop.

You don't have the odds to hit your set or back door straight if you are behind. You need 22-1 and you are getting roughly 11-1.

If you are ahead (and that is unlikely) you have no way to protect your hand with all of the callers between you and the better. Also, almost half the deck is unfavorable. You will have to dodge a lot of cards to make your hand hold up.