B 29 19.46%
C 44 29.53%
D 14 9.40%
F 9 6.04%
Never played there 47 31.54%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2005, 10:14 AM

Default *** OFFICIAL WHO TO START FF PLAYOFFS WEEK 15 THREAD ***

Good job if you've made it this far. This board has definitely helped me in making the playoffs, I know that. Enough brown-nosing, I need help.

Earlier this week I asked if I should pick up Ryan Moats or Marion Barber to help with losing Brian Westbrook. I was fortunate enough to grab both of them. I still have other options, and wanted yall to take them into consideration and lemme know who I should start as my #2 RB next to Tiki Barber.

1 pt for 10 yds rush/rec, 6 pts for rush/rec TD, -2 for FL

J.J. Arrington @ HOU
Marion Barber @ WAS
Ryan Moats @ STL
Antowain Smith vs CAR
Ricky Williams vs NYJ

Insight is greatly appreciated even though there is a poll here. GL to you all, and wish me luck cuz I'm going against a sick team this week.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL WHO TO START FF PLAYOFFS WEEK 15 THREAD ***

I like Ricky Williams. Not a huge fan of any of the options, but you wouldn't be asking if there was a no brainer. I just don't see the Fins being able to pass against a tough Jets D. So it's a lot of running against a weak run defense. Big games for both Ronnie and Ricky.

Here's my dilemma. I lost Bulger and have been picking up random QBs ever since (along with my backup Plummer). Who is the best option this week?

Plummer @ Bills
Losman vs. Broncos
Frerrote vs. Jets (Although I alrady said I don't think they'll be able to throw)
Carr vs. Cardinals
Old 12-14-2005, 02:46 PM

Plummer.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Ricky Williams. Not a huge fan of any of the options, but you wouldn't be asking if there was a no brainer. I just don't see the Fins being able to pass against a tough Jets D. So it's a lot of running against a weak run defense. Big games for both Ronnie and Ricky.

Here's my dilemma. I lost Bulger and have been picking up random QBs ever since (along with my backup Plummer). Who is the best option this week?

Plummer @ Bills
Losman vs. Broncos
Frerrote vs. Jets (Although I alrady said I don't think they'll be able to throw)
Carr vs. Cardinals

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Ricky's horrible performance last week affect how many carries he gets?

As for your dilemma, I'd go with Plummer - he's the most consistent of your options and doesn't have a terrible matchup. I don't trust Losman, Frerrote, or Carr no matter who they're playing.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:56 PM

I go with Moats, don't go near Ricky.

Check the weather before you start Plummer, otherwise Carr seems to be the only other option, and might be the best play.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:35 PM

2 questions for 2 leagues. Scoring is close enough to normal that it doesnt matter much for these.

QB:
Brunell vs Dal
McNair vs Sea
Dont start anyone, its my best chance not to lose points

RB: (pick 1 to go with LT)
Moats vs Stl
McGahee vs DEN
Jamal Lewis vs GB

Thanks
Old 12-14-2005, 04:31 PM

Brunell in the divisional matchup even tho he's been sucking it up lately (I got him too), I'd only start McNair as a last resort.

For your #2 RB I'd go with McGahee even though he hasn't been lighting it up this year, Moats still has to prove himself to me (ironically I'll probably be starting him for my team) and Jamal Lewis, well...
Old 12-15-2005, 01:38 AM

Okay, I need serious playoff help here. I've got Shaun Alexander as my RB1 - no brainer. But I have picked the wrong RB2 in each of the last five weeks (it hasn't mattered as I've gone 4-1 anyway and had my league's top seed wrapped for a while). BUT...now it's playoff time, and I seriously need to pick the right guy.

Choices for RB2:
Samkon Gado at Baltimore
Mike Anderson at Buffalo
Fred Taylor vs. SF

Bonus Question for WR3:
Isaac Bruce vs. Philly
Derrick Mason vs. GB

Thanks guys. Oh, OP - I like Arrington vs. the Texans, personally...but that's just because I'm a Texans fan and have seen first-hand how horrific they are. There may be more merit in the popular pick of Moats.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:03 AM

Injuries have really screwed over my team. Going into the playoffs ina 2 vs. 3 matchup, I'm in desperate need of a no.2 RB. The options are as follows:
S. Davis against NO
M. Bennet against Pit
Arrington against Hou
Alstott against NE

My WRs have been carrying the load, and I've got Holt and Fitz going for sure. Should I go with Jimmy Smith@SF or Santana Moss@DAL this week. Yeah Moss torched em before, but their D has been pretty good since then and the Niners suck balls.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:46 AM

Buffalo has an AWFUL run D. I start Anderson. Taylor will probably still be losing a bunch of carries to Jones and Baltimore's D is not to be taken on chance on with an unknown RB.

Bruce.