Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2004, 10:51 PM

Default hidden files?

Alright, I have poker program installed on my computer. Everything works fine with the program, except that the creators of the software added a little feature. Whenever I uninstall the program, and then reinstall the program - it does not allow me to sign up with a new name or account. So, I understand that when I choose to uninstall the program the software does not really get rid of all thefiles and keeps hidden files that have all my past history. Do you guys know how I can re-install the program and have it be like fresh and new?

Thanks for you help in advance [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
-Kevin
Old 10-28-2004, 10:54 PM

Default Re: hidden files?

so you are asking for our help in defrauding the poker sites... is this correct?
Old 10-28-2004, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you are asking for our help in defrauding the poker sites... is this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]Sounds like what he is asking... This is not possible even if you delete the registry key that remembers you had it installed before. Poker sites are not this stupid.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:46 PM

I don't understand---

are you saying that it is impossible to un-install a program like-- Party Poker? PokerStars? Pacific?

there isn't a poker program out there that you can't uninstall from your computer.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand---

are you saying that it is impossible to un-install a program like-- Party Poker? PokerStars? Pacific?

there isn't a poker program out there that you can't uninstall from your computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even after you unistall the program. Traces remain in the registry. Usually the working directory also is not deleted.

I have been succesfull removing all traces of Party from a system though.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I uninstall the program, and then reinstall the program - it does not allow me to sign up with a new name or account.

[/ QUOTE ]This is the problem we are having. You can uninstall the program delete the parts it leaves behind, but you can't sign up a new real money account. The is defrauding the poker site.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:38 AM

It's actually the site that retains your information
(Address, IP address, etc...)

This is how they know they know it's you again. You could format your hard drive, and they'd still know it's you.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's actually the site that retains your information
(Address, IP address, etc...)

This is how they know they know it's you again. You could format your hard drive, and they'd still know it's you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's highly unlikely since almost all IP addresses are assigned dynamically. When you log on to your ISP, you are assigned an IP number from their available pool. When you log off, someone else who logs on will get that IP number and the next time you log on, you will be assigned an IP number different from the one you had last time you were online. Some ISPs offer static IP addresses but very few individuals actually use them.

Cable internet and DSL are making static IP addresses more common but they are still not universal so any IP-based security or record keeping would be severely flawed. It is a lot more likely that information is being stored in your registry, cookie folder or elsewhere on your computer.

SpaceAce
Old 10-29-2004, 01:03 AM

They do use IP address checking as a form of security, but it is not everything. I have friends who both signed up from behind the same IP and the second guy had his account frozen. The customer service told him it was because two accounts were opened from the same place. Once it was verified it was a different person there was no problem but they will check up on this type of thing.

Mostly they will know you are trying to cheat them by the same name, address, and bank info on two account. The same IP is just part of the puzzle. In any case, what he is asking is fraud and is not possible.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:55 AM

yeah-- it isn't difficult to remove all the traces.. even if you don't know how to manually edit the registry, you can download a shareware registry cleaner that would do the job.