Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 01:49 AM

Default QQ party 100nl 6-max

So I've been playing at this table for a bit and have around 120 and I'm dealt a nice looking QQ on the button when the following hand ensued.

The table was fairly loose with a couple big pots that i've seen, nothing to insane though, just a typical loose party 6-max table.

The villain on this hand is pretty bad, but hasn't yet done anything that can be seen as too too crazy. Just some bad calls with marginal hands preflop. He has me covered though and then this happens.

Preflop: Utg raises to 3, Villain calls, Mp1 calls, I make it 12 from the button, 2 folds, Utg folds Villain makes it 45 to go, and MP1 folds.....My move???
Old 11-17-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: QQ party 100nl 6-max

standard I think is to fold.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:54 AM

Had it been the original raiser doing this I would agree, but what can be said about the cold call of the relatively small utg preflop raise, and then him only waking up after i made my move?

Seems a little fishy no?? Had it been Utg doing this it would have been an auto muck for me but the way it went down I'm not so sure.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:55 AM

Yes fold. Villan is in EP calls raise, then comes over top of a re-raise. Doesn't look like AK~AQ this time.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:57 AM

well I can't tell but it could be the "I'll smoothcall with my monster to slowplay, oh wait, guy behind me loves his hand, he'll never see this coming"
Old 11-17-2005, 01:57 AM

i like a push probably 99 but he may do this with aa too but i still like to push probably thinks u have 2 big cards. little does he know they are the same rank [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well I can't tell but it could be the "I'll smoothcall with my monster to slowplay, oh wait, guy behind me loves his hand, he'll never see this coming"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats definately the line of reasoning I most feared in playing this hand.

Can any thought go into the notion that at a loose table, players would be less likely to do this with the two hands I fear, thinking that everyone would just come along anyway if they raised. Or is this giving too much, or not enough credit to the thought process of a standard party 100 6-maxer
Old 11-17-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Results

Some quick results before bed

I look at the action,and feel, pretty sure the best he could have here is Ak or something like jj or tens.with Aces or kings being a rarity

Any way i say to myself [censored] it and push and he thinks and calls with AQo and not that it matters but my and holds up.

However, I'm not quite sure if this type of push is profitable in the long term, but I am interested in hearing some thoughts
Old 11-17-2005, 02:47 AM

I tend to think less of why they would do this with AA/KK and more of why they would do this with any other hand.

I am certain your reraising range is fairly narrow so it doesn't make sense for them to pull this move without a big hand.