Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 04:46 AM

Default Good value bet on river or mental retardation.???

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (17.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (14.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets
Old 06-22-2004, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Good value bet on river or mental retardation.???

I check. It look like they were drawing to something, so they wont call anyway if they missed, but will raise if it was the Jack.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:46 AM

Not betting the river here would be tragic. On Party's 5-10 tables I see this all the time. You're getting called here by lesser one-pair hands WAY too often to check behind.

It's weird, but the maniac-preflop-turned-calling-staion-postflop type isn't uncommon in these games. You'll see people who will limp, 4-bet w/ 33 or 87s as often as you will AA, KK, or AKs. After being check-called on both the flop and the turn I'm thouroughly convinced I'm ahead.

The J on the river is a bummer card, but better that than a Q. Go ahead and bet. (And yes, the pot is too big to lay down to a check-raise.)
Old 06-22-2004, 08:04 AM

I check. It look like they were drawing to something, so they wont call anyway if they missed, but will raise if it was the Jack.

Trix,

What!?!? Are you snakebit?

Clear river value bet versus 4-opponents.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 06-22-2004, 08:42 AM

It look like they were drawing to something, so they wont call anyway if they missed

In this big of a pot you'll get called down by all sorts of random crap.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:00 AM

You sure will, but when the Jack pairs there arenīt much random crap left to call. The gutshots wont call...

MP2 dont have the K unless he is a very passive player. He probably had AT,AQ or Jx, so he will fold or raise.

MP1 can have all sorts of crap, but didnīt bother betting the flop after limp-capping. He was drawing and probably wont call either. He could though, but it seems unlikely.

BB probably dont have a K either as he have been calling all the way.

I dont know what random crap you all expect to call here. Sure 55 or such will call here sometimes, but Jx will also CR here and in the long run I suspect betting to be a loser.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:24 PM

Default Results..

I was thinking that I couldnt pass up possibly getting 3BB on the end here even though the J was NOT the card I wanted to see.

I bet, BB check raises with QJ suited and all others fold. Too bad I didnt get to see what our limp capper had.....
Old 06-23-2004, 05:21 AM

Default bump.

Am I the only one who dont like this river bet ?