Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2004, 08:58 PM

Default Easy laydow with JJ right?

Perhaps banal hand, but I find JJ one of the tougher hands to play. Anyone call this down??

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.70 BB, won by UTG.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to UTG.</font>
Old 06-18-2004, 09:04 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Easy laydow with JJ right?

Easy laydow with JJ right?

you're getting 6.7-1 on the turn with 6 outs (40-6), plus implied odds. unfortunately AK, AQ, AJ, or AT makes some or all of your outs dirty. I think this is a close decision, but I don't the fact that if you spike a J or Q, you won't be able to raise the river, since it's so likely he'll have aces-full. there aren't all that many players at 5/10 that open limp UTG with A9 and below, and the onces that do stick out.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:20 PM

I may be crazy here, but if you want to mix things up a bit I'd be inclined to check the flop through and raise the turn if he bets, intending to fold to a 3-bet. It will take a real hand 99% of the time to be able to 3-bet a turn raise.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:41 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you can't really afford to give free cards on that draw-heavy flop. maybe with kings
Old 06-19-2004, 03:12 AM

I would check behind the turn here... you might be ahead but could easily be behind and you definitely don't want to get raised. Check the turn and call the river for the same price.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you can't really afford to give free cards on that draw-heavy flop. maybe with kings

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I like a turn check.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:12 PM

easy turn check - especially once you pick up those gutshot outs.