Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Banned From Truepoker

A couple of months ago I played with a husband and wife in a cash game at True. If it was you, you'll probably remember, because I made a big song and dance about it and I reported them to True Support, even though the two said Support knew they were h&w and had told them there was no problem playing in the same game, and they had been doing so for a couple of years.

It turned out that True did not know they were h&w, and would not have agreed to let them play in the same cash game.

It will be interesting if David tells us, here, what their rules are in these cases.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:14 AM

Hold on a sec... my popcorn is almost done...

/this looks like a good action flick [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2005, 08:23 AM

I beleive you have good intentions but answer this....4 people left, 3 win money.....you have aa and ur wife raises you....are you really going to try and get her allin or maybe "slowplay" a bit.......This situation happened when i was playing a real life game with my dad...i just couldnt do it....
Old 07-17-2005, 12:40 PM

There was a thread on the MTT forum about a couple (one a longtime poster here) who were given approval to play in MTT's, by Party I think. They played dozens together. Finally they finished 1st and 2nd and the guy in third place was pissed. I think nothing happened if I remember correctly.

I think this is commonly allowed by most sites. But I hope you saved some e-mail or something else which gave True's approval. If this was all done over the phone, next time be sure to follow up with a e-mail to the guy approving it and cc the general support address with an email saying "per our conversation on this date in regards to .... blah, blah, blah"

Proper recompense would be the amount you would be paid if the tournament had to end early with you guys in the lead.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of months ago I played with a husband and wife in a cash game at True. If it was you, you'll probably remember, because I made a big song and dance about it and I reported them to True Support, even though the two said Support knew they were h&w and had told them there was no problem playing in the same game, and they had been doing so for a couple of years.

It turned out that True did not know they were h&w, and would not have agreed to let them play in the same cash game.

It will be interesting if David tells us, here, what their rules are in these cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curiouser and curiouser.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I beleive you have good intentions but answer this....4 people left, 3 win money.....you have aa and ur wife raises you....are you really going to try and get her allin or maybe "slowplay" a bit.......This situation happened when i was playing a real life game with my dad...i just couldnt do it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you don't have the proper competitive poker instincts. The same holds for husbands and wives or even friends who play together and softplay each other.

If you're not going for each other's throats (in the metaphorical sense), then you don't belong in the game. I speak as a wife who goes for her husband's and friend's throats, makes no bones about or apologies for it, and gets pissed off when I lose (graciously, of course).

The fact that you don't believe that this exceedingly competitive attitude exists doesn't negate the fact that it can and does exist.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:45 PM

I frequently make plays that help one opponent over another.

Before you all pounce let me add that I don't make them *because* they help another player. I make them because I'm trying to help myself. But if you don't understand the reason for my play then you might wonder what I'm doing. And if you knew that the beneficiary was my wife you might become really upset and start questioning the integrity of the game.

That's the problem when spouses play together. No matter how honestly they play something will eventually happen that looks bad. That leads to hard feelings and problems for the site.

Many married bridge partnerships develop an almost telepathic ability to read each other's hands. I suspect the same thing happens at poker. If you talk poker and play together often enough then your play against each other is going to become very insightful. You'll be able to get away from trap hands that would normally doom you. You'll also recognize bluffs that allow you to raise the rest of the field off their hands. It's all completely legitimate but it looks terrible because no one else can see what you see.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:54 PM

If the situation you explained is correct, then you did get the short end of the stick. However, IMHO, I would be very uncomfortable to have two chip leaders in the same house sitting next to each other at my table. Collusion is a huge thing in online poker and sites need to instill a 0 tolerance policy of banning on the first offense.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:01 PM

I have heard of people using multiple accounts in MTT's to gain an advantage. No offense to your wife, she might be a great player. But the majority of girlfriends and wives that play alot are gnomes. It is possible this is what TP is suspicious of.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of months ago I played with a husband and wife in a cash game at True.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have never been allowed to play a cash game together at True Poker...The software does not allow us to join the same table.

Heck, I cant even play with my brother(dosent live in same house) because I have logged in on his computer with my account. Their security systems are pretty strict and it tells you right away that it is not allowed....Except for MTT tourneys!

Also, we went to TP's Play Money Servers in order to practice HU against each other and it is not allowed.