Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Question about old geezer calling stations

That was my first thought as well, however why would someone make up this claim?

..acting the part of a troll???

..in all seriousness Dr Chess or Dr Al can answer this better than I can.

I suspect someone with a dummy account wrote this not realizing the Borgata spreads $4-$8 Omaha with a half kill, but has never spread $4-$8 hold em. .ever...
Old 06-09-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last weekend, I was playing at the Borgata in AC and played $4-$8 Hold-Em. I was playing a hand where I was the big blind and I had Ace-Queen of

I call bs on this post. The Borgata has never spread $4-$8.
Stop trolling [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... OK if you say so. Honestly, why the hell would I lie about something like this? Find something else to whine about.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:20 PM

actually he wont smoke the table. he said if the guy would have raised he would have raised back. after seeing this it is unlikely that he is a winning player himself.

the poster who wrote this is trolling ray the borgata does not even spread $4-$8 either a bad player wrote this or someone who plays well enough to know to describe the play as bad either way it doesnt matter ray do you like the giants or did matt williams play somewhere else that you know the name from
Old 06-09-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't sound like this guy is a calling station in the true sense of the word, but more of a TOM (Tight Old Man) who is passive although it is impossible to tell from just one hand. Usually even calling stations will raise big pockets like that. You play against them by stealing their blinds, naturally avoiding them because they play few hands and respecting their raises. If you would have check-called for one bet each round you were in for the same amount anyways and if he raises you and is a TOM, you should seriously think about getting out because they rarely raise without something better than TP/TK.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time I noticed the guy folding before the flop was when he went up to go to the bathroom, get something to eat, ect. Thinking back about the hand, had he raised, I am sure the SB would have folded. I may have put him on AK or pocket Kings or Aces, so I may have folded considering it was heads up. But I don't know because it never happened that way.

BTW- For everyone asking questions about "Old Geezer" the guy was about 70 or 75. Considering I am 29, I wouldn't refer to someone that is 35 as a geezer.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:42 PM

Umm... OK if you say so. Honestly, why the hell would I lie about something like this? Find something else to whine about.

Dude, I played at the Borgata all last weekend. They did not have a $4-$8 game going. If Mostsmooth or Poker327 sees this they can confirm.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting. It wasn't going Monday when I was down. Lately it seems to me they've been having trouble keeping 6/12 games open. On Monday we went to just 1 6/12 table at about 8:00. Maybe they're trying to condence their game limits to 2/4, 4/8, 10/20? Would be nice if did something like having only white play as well :0)

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean they've been having trouble keeping the 6/12 going on the weekends as well? That really surprises me.

We used to do the 6/12 at the Borg all the time, but the wait got to be too much of a PITA. Lately, we've been going to the Trop, where we haven't had any trouble getting into any of the games. When we first started going to the Trop, they didn't spread 6/12, but now they spread 6/12 and 10/20 there. Nothing higher for limit, though. But they do spread 5/10 NL, which is kinda cool.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:31 PM

I highly doubt you played 4/8 at the Borg, but that's not the point of the post.

You played against my favorite guy. Value bet him to death, unless he's only played one hand since the bus got in. Then you can be sure he has it.

My favorite AC regular is the man or woman who has played quarter/half/dollar with their friends for 40 years, plays every hand, and who hates all these players (usually "kids") who "ruin the game" with all this raising, especially pre-flop. They complain incessantly about it, which makes for good comedy.

Most of them inhabit Harrah's, across the street. You can find 5 or 6 at the same 3/6 table, if you're lucky. Humor them and make friends.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean they've been having trouble keeping the 6/12 going on the weekends as well? That really surprises me.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I only play weekdays. They might have 5 1/2NL tables going though. I think limit is dying. In a couple years only the grizzled old veterans will remember this once popular game ;o)