Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 03:50 PM

Default More tidbits from this jagoff

http://www.magicantonio.com/keeping-up-with-antonio.php

NEWS

Do you want to learn how Antonio “The Magician” Esfandiari adjusted to American life as a kid? How success has changed the way he looks at himself? Or perhaps learning about his advice for the next generation of players?

If so, click here and get the scoop on how this young wonderland is living large!

http://www.texasholdem-poker.com/antonio_esfandiari.php

Unabomber just told me the Internet says I’m having an affair with Shannon Elizabeth. I guess that’s good for me. She’s just my friend; she’s a very cool girl. I met her through another buddy of mine who’s an actor as well. He played poker with Shannon, and she wants to take her game to the next level. So, he introduced us, and I’m teaching her how to play, hopefully.

How did you build your bankroll back up?

“I was in a home game with a friend of mine, and I had $1,000 to my net worth. But, my friend is one of the two most degenerate gamblers I’ve ever met in my life. He’s a good friend of mine, but he’s a sick, sick man. So, he invites me over to his house to play poker. He wants to play for $1,000. I’m like, ‘Alright, I have $1,000 or zero. What’s the difference, right? Either way I’m tilted.’ So, I played him heads up and won. Then he wants to play for $2,000. I won. Then he wants to play me for $3,000. I won. So, now I have $7,000 to my name. He says, ‘Let’s play for $10,000.’ But, I didn’t have ten. So, he’s like, ‘I’ll tell you what. If you win, I’ll pay you within three months, and if I win, you pay me within one year.’ How can I say no to that? So, we played, and I busted him on the second hand. He settled up by paying me $7,000 the next day. So, all the sudden, I had $14,000. That bankroll is the same bankroll I have today.”
Old 05-17-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth Loses Crown!!

TOOL
Old 05-17-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since when are they called Betties???

[/ QUOTE ]

Since like 1982. So old it is actually a forgotten term. Maybe not a term used by those in the Floyd crowd.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:40 PM

this has come up a couple times on Paul Phillips' site and I read the article before that...

First off, there's NOTHING in that article every one of you [censored] lusers wouldn't like to do (me included)- LOL

I don't think he should be replacing Phil - egotistical, maybe (but rumor is he's was/is banging Shannon Elizabeth, and that would make me big headed too) -

but as far as conduct at the poker table goes - not even in the same league as the pokerbrat -

So he's a bit of a player....Big Fraggin Deal

RB
Old 05-17-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: More tidbits from this jagoff

[ QUOTE ]

How did you build your bankroll back up?

“I was in a home game with a friend of mine, and I had $1,000 to my net worth. But, my friend is one of the two most degenerate gamblers I’ve ever met in my life. He’s a good friend of mine, but he’s a sick, sick man. So, he invites me over to his house to play poker. He wants to play for $1,000. I’m like, ‘Alright, I have $1,000 or zero. What’s the difference, right? Either way I’m tilted.’ So, I played him heads up and won. Then he wants to play for $2,000. I won. Then he wants to play me for $3,000. I won. So, now I have $7,000 to my name. He says, ‘Let’s play for $10,000.’ But, I didn’t have ten. So, he’s like, ‘I’ll tell you what. If you win, I’ll pay you within three months, and if I win, you pay me within one year.’ How can I say no to that? So, we played, and I busted him on the second hand. He settled up by paying me $7,000 the next day. So, all the sudden, I had $14,000. That bankroll is the same bankroll I have today.”

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm missing something, but does this mean he's playing at his level with a $14K bankroll? If true, eyeopening.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:17 PM

Total rubbage.

I will say one thing about this article. The decription of that particular club in Vegas is spot on. I got lucky a few months back when my brother hooked up with this woman who was a sales executive for Grey Goose. They had some enormous party we got comped to with Journey playing in one room and this club downstairs. Unlimited free Grey Goose. Amazing eye candy. Yeah, good times.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:43 PM

OH MY GOD, Antonio is SUP BRO!
Old 05-18-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Oh My God, It Wasn\'t A Fluke!!!

Turns out that after viewing The Magician's "Rockin'" website, Paul Phillips did decide to comment, after all:

http://extempore.livejournal.com/95388.html

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're right - Swing dancing not Line. That's a bit redneck for him maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

You're both wrong. It's ballroom dancing.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Oh My God, It Wasn\'t A Fluke!!!

I don't usually do this but I found it too funny to pass up:

[ QUOTE ]
that whole bit about teaching people what it is to party "1 nightclub at a time" reminded me of "The Sherminator" from American Pie.
Antonio Esfandiari, a sophisticated sex robot sent back in time to show people how to get down, 1 lucky lady at a time

[/ QUOTE ]

From Pauls website. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]