Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Barron\'s dillema (almost), I tried it Clark\'s way.....

and was happy it was AK, AK and not overpairs lol! Not particularly meaningful hand, but it was funny that I encountered it today and I was thinking about Barrons 33 in SB post as I played it. I went ahead and called and hung on for deal life lol. (I know it isnt exact, rasiers are not UTG - but hey I found it amusing given the timing).

Initial raiser is a LAG, 3-bettor is solid 22/12/1.8

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $15. MP3 posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.66 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.33 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (11.33 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 14.33 BB

'nice' I said ;-) as MHWG vs AK for both.....
Old 04-29-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Barron\'s dillema (almost), I tried it Clark\'s way.....

How often do you think this is going to work? Enough to be profitable?
Old 04-29-2005, 09:10 PM

Read Barron's thread. I am in a better position here than the on e he describes where several people think this is a call preflop. I wasn't one of them, but I gave it a try. Once I am there I don't see how I can fold at any point here. Better was a LAG and no one ever raised. I truley felt on the river I was good at least 1/3 of the time given the action.

EDIT: BTW, I thik there is an arguement for me playing this aggressive rather than check calling - would have been nice to get rid of what seemed like a strong possibility of only overcards.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Read Barron's thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

which thread is this? do you have a link? i don't think i've seen it, so i'd like to check it out.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:55 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...=1#Post2276858
Old 04-29-2005, 10:35 PM

thanks, interesting thread. i think i would normally fold that, but maybe i'll give it a try sometime
Old 04-30-2005, 01:17 PM

Anybody bet the flop or the turn and hope the aggressor raises to get it heads up?
Old 04-30-2005, 02:42 PM

Yeah, I say I played it 'Clarks' way in the title, but I am sure post flop that is not true. It probably make some sense to try to put a bet in to get rid of overs if possible. That said, I can't come up with a good way to do it. If I bet this flop, I get raise by LAG and the CO calls 100% IMO. A bet on any other street and I am offering a chance to be raised and get blown off the best hand becasue I do not think I want to call any raises. Heck if an A or K hits anywhere I'm not calling any bets.