Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-28-2005, 02:51 AM

Default How to spot LSD usage?

Hi all, I have a little problem I'm hoping you can help me with.

I own my own (small) company, and recently hired a very good friend of mine (sort of as a favor to him...he's recently fallen on hard times). He smokes and drinks heavily, but it doesn't affect his work at all in the 5ish months he's been with me.

Two weeks ago, I went over to his house. He lives with his girlfriend and her two children, ages 9 and 5. I was playing with the 5 year old, while he and his GF were outside smoking. The 5 year old asked where her mom was, I told her, and then told her not to pick up a nasty smoking habit. She then said something quietly that sounded like "they do dots".

I asked a couple known drug users if they knew if that meant anything in drug culure. They didn't. I then looked it up on urban dictionary, and one of the more obscure definitions has something to do with LSD.

Please understand that I'm more worried about him as a friend than as an employee. Please also understand that I'm not taking a 5-yr-old's mumbling and an obscure urbandictionary definition as gospel. However, it would be silly to totally dismiss the idea of drug usage.

He is always short on money, and he makes way more than his bills. I do not know how much he helps his girlfriend with her bills, though. At this point, my mind is wide open.

My question is, do any of you have any experience with LSD? Have you heard the terms "dots" in drug culture? If you have LSD experience (even if you haven't yourself used),can you please tell me what some telltale signs are, so I can be somewhat on the lookout.

Thanks everybody!

hd
Old 12-28-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: How to spot LSD usage?

check his fridge, if hes got a lot of OJ, it's case closed!
Old 12-28-2005, 02:56 AM

This is probably a good place for you to start looking. Also, my understanding is that LSD is a fairly difficult drug to tell if someone uses on a regular basis if they aren't high. When they are high, besides the obvious stuff (talking about the walls melting), a telltale sign is enlarged pupils.

In your shoes, I would just bring it up to the friend, making sure to clarify that I was asking as a friend and not as an employer.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:59 AM

I would point out that if you want to get involved as a friend, fine, but as an employer you really shouldn't worry about an employee who drops acid, as long as he doesn't drop at work or come in tripping it can't affect his performance.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:00 AM

You wouldn't know after the point at all, it sounds like you are pretty naive and looking for something which probably isn't there. Also LSD is generally done alot by people it is certainly not addictive and finally it's not even expensive and you don't need a whole lot so it wouldn't be the reason that he has no money.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:02 AM

Maybe she said, "they do pot"?

LSD is cheap and lasts a long time. I doubt that would be the cause of his money problems.

Anyway if you ever see him where his whole eye is nothing but pupil and he's laughing a lot he's on acid.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:04 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

lsd is not addictive and by its nature it doesn't lend itself to 'benders'. tolerance develops intensely fast and makes it so that it's a practical difficulty to string multiple sessions/days together (and users will normally never find themselves even wanting to do this). it's also about $5 per dose and lasts 6-12 hours, so it's certainly not going to put somebody in the poorhouse.

in drug speak dots are microdots, a tiny pill-like form of (usually) lsd.

the only way to physically tell if somebody's on it is to look at their eyes. if they're tripping, their pupils will be seriously dilated.

you should be able to find everything you want/need by reading at erowid and wikipedia.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:05 AM

LSD can be sold in all kinds of ways, including "blotter acid," which is a drop of liquid LSD on a tiny piece of thick paper which absorbs it. You can't really see it as a dot once absorbed, but I could see it being described as that.

I've known a few people who can go to work on LSD, once they're really used to it. I've known many who will happily drive cars on it, and actually do it just fine. It really depends on the person, as some people of course will trip so hard they'll be out of their gourds, even for a couple of days. Those kinds of people will of course be way more dangerous put in control of machinery and the like, but you've probably bumped into a few people before who were on acid and you didn't even realize it.

Most Americans overspend. Simple fact. Doesn't mean you're on drugs; rich people even do it just as much as poor, according to an old friend in the insurance industry who has seen actuarial tables and figures on how many people retire with nothing but social security(many very well off people do). Don't presume too much because he's always short money. Especially with kids in the house. Booze runs up the bills fairly quick too.

You won't really be able to tell if a guy takes LSD much or not, I think. Look at his pupils and see if they're really dilated inappropriately; that's a sign of being high.

If he's doing okay at work, as you say, it probably doesn't really matter. I wouldn't take the gobbledygook kids say too much to heart without a lot more corroborative evidence or even an outright confession. You may be chasing down a blind alley to no good end. Perhaps letting the proof lie in the pudding might be best. If he works fine, what he does in his off hours should probably be his own business.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:07 AM

Maybe the kid said "they do lots"?
Old 12-28-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the kid said "they do lots"?

[/ QUOTE ]
genius!