Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-18-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Turn raise here?

UTG is very LAG preflop, somewhat LAG postflop. He will definitely raise light postflop and take shots at unraised pots. 59/29/1.1
SB is a TAG. 27/19/2.4

I had a fairly solid image at the time of this hand, I think.

Is this turn raise spewing? I thought I had a good chance to have a better hand than UTG and I might be able to push out SB even if he had a better hand.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>. . .
Old 12-18-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Turn raise here?

fold PF. you don't beat a maniac by playing looser and more aggressive with weaker hands.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold PF. you don't beat a maniac by playing looser and more aggressive with weaker hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think KTs is definately strong enough to isolate a LAG whose pfr is 30ish. I would isolate KJs there against most opponents, surely KTs is good vs. a LAG.

I like the rest of the hand. It looks like UTG had a T as well or was waiting until the turn to protect something or raise a monster.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:23 AM

PF good.

The turn is cool if you think SB will fold AQ/AK hands, which he most probably should, but it also depends on what UTG waits for the turn for. Would UTG possibly raise with JT here?
Old 12-19-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wow dude... you might wanna think before you say something so blatantly wrong w/ such an authoratative tone.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:24 AM

yo OP, this is solid on every street.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I might be able to push out SB even if he had a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

this notion of people folding overpairs getting 7:1 in 14BB pots...can you explain it to me?

j/k, i don't think you can play any street differently
Old 12-19-2005, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow dude... you might wanna think before you say something so blatantly wrong w/ such an authoratative tone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't claim any authority here other than my experience and opinion. I posted how I would have played it and the reason therefore. I fully believe that the way to beat a maniacal LAG is not by playing super aggressive with less than premium hands.

Of course, your post suggests that you ARE the absolute authority [ QUOTE ]
something so blatantly wrong

[/ QUOTE ] which I disagree with.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:51 AM

That LAG's openraising range is huge, why would you not want to be in position, have inititave, and have a strong holding VS HIS RANGE here? I don't know why you are still defending your position when everyone else in this thread has disagreed with you. Accept it and improve your game.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:58 AM

Fold preflop. He is not raising 29% from this spot, its very likely he is quite tighter there, so its maybe ~23% so your hand is actually a dog and 2 players are still to act.
Also it will often be not that easy to show your KT-high down UI when he is very aggro postflop. IŽd just fold it.