Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Do I need to pay this off??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I to understand that most here agree that betting this river (at the risk of a C/R if he has a 7) is acceptable?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah betting the river is a no brainer - as is checking through on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you want to spew chips. Please I'm begging you, tell me where you play. I need to take your money.

[/ QUOTE ]
you've never played online poker before. this is such an easy value bet its not funny.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on your successful trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. Anyone who disagrees with the conventional wisdonm is a troll. How sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't want to get wrapped up in this, but nobody's calling you a troll because you disagree with the crowd. (for the record, I think a flop bet on this board into 4 people is dumb aggression and wouldn't do it myself)

You're being called a troll because of stuff like this:
[ QUOTE ]

I think what you mean is I have a huge tool. At least that's what your Momma says.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-31-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I to understand that most here agree that betting this river (at the risk of a C/R if he has a 7) is acceptable?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you want to spew chips. Please I'm begging you, tell me where you play. I need to take your money.

[/ QUOTE ]
you've never played online poker before. this is such an easy value bet its not funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you've found me out. I've never played online poker before. I thought this was the online tiddly winks site. My mistake.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moderator notified

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Please I'm begging you, tell me where you play. I need to take your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not read the previous posts where it was suggested that these types of personal challenges and insults aren't productive?

Please consider changing your tone so as to be better respected and/or understood.

I'm reminded of a guy in the high-stakes forum named Tommy angelo who is really quite smart and has some VERY unconventional strategies for the most part.

He goes against the 2+2 grain a LOT. But his ideas are generally respected because he doesn't go around saying, "You suck and I'm great. Tell me your name online so I can take your money."

He simply presents rational arguments for why his way might be better without making it personal or taking things personally.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on your successful trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. Anyone who disagrees with the conventional wisdonm is a troll. How sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't want to get wrapped up in this, but nobody's calling you a troll because you disagree with the crowd. (for the record, I think a flop bet on this board into 4 people is dumb aggression and wouldn't do it myself)

You're being called a troll because of stuff like this:
[ QUOTE ]

I think what you mean is I have a huge tool. At least that's what your Momma says.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee Redd and how do you respond when people call you names?
Old 12-31-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to do the whole e-penis thing. You don't want to play me at 10/20 HU, and that's fine. I'd play you at 5/10 if you wanted, no lower. But you don't want to play HU and I'm cool with that.

But I think it'd be decent of you to PM me what my AP username is (or any of my usernames that you've played with in the last 6 months) if you have been consistently taking my money. You don't even have to tell me who you are. I genuinely think you were just making a BS claim and was curious.

Rob
Old 12-31-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Do I need to pay this off?? I\'m confused

[ QUOTE ]
also - banditdad strongly disagreed with my idea that checking-through on the river would be bad because of all the stuff on the board.

Since some here are advocating a call of the C/R it would seem that they find the river bet to be a given.

[/ QUOTE ]

In an earlier post you wrote "If hero checks the river the hand is over (and checking this river would be terrible). Check/call is not an option." Now you write that you would check through on the river. Which is it?
Old 12-31-2005, 07:32 PM

bandit

you read bad
Old 12-31-2005, 07:32 PM

he's wondering if everyone else agrees that betting the river is acceptable. and everyone does agree, because it is honestly one of the easiest bets ever. if you do not value bet this type of hand you are missing out on a ton of money.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
banditdad strongly disagreed with my idea that checking-through on the river would be bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read this post because I think my word-order might have tripped you up a bit.

I am saying that my idea was 'checking through on the river would be bad' and that you 'strongly disagreed with my idea'.
Closed Thread