Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Do I need to pay this off??

I agree (although i'm not a big fan of 'locking' threads. But deleting and/or just changing the direction of the discussion...if it's going to continue)

This whole bit of "I'm taking your money but you don't even know it" and "I want to play at your tables" (implication being 'because you suck so badly') aren't appropriate.

strongly disagreeing and having some ideas that are different from the majority I think is fine.

But the personal attacks and challenges just need to go.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree (although i'm not a big fan of 'locking' threads. But deleting and/or just changing the direction of the discussion...if it's going to continue)

This whole bit of "I'm taking your money but you don't even know it" and "I want to play at your tables" (implication being 'because you suck so badly') aren't appropriate.

strongly disagreeing and having some ideas that are different from the majority I think is fine.

But the personal attacks and challenges just need to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU 10/20? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
great thread i must say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never been as proud of one of my own threads as I am right now.

bandit, people disagree with each other in these forums all the time. Go back to the main page and you'll see that 90%+ of threads there is at least one and usually more arguing against the convential wisdom, but this is the only one that has digressed to the highly coveted "HU RIGHT NOW BITCH" level, all because of your lack of social and/or debating skills. Intelligent discussion is the point of this site, after all. It's when you drop the level of discourse to the "maybe you should read a book" that you're going to end up getting ignored and considered a troll. Just a little tip in case you ever again find occasion where you need to interact with other people.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread should be locked. And some posts deleted wouldn't be bad either. Keep it civil guys. (And take it to PMs)

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I overreacted. I should have just ignored him but I've had a pot of coffee and I get twitchy when I have too much caffeine.

I'm curious about his AP username because I want to know whether I think he plays well or badly based on when I've played him. He's not telling me what it is and it shouldn't matter. I'm also curious about how he'd know me since only a few people seem to know my AP username, but I don't keep it super secretive. Of course, I really shouldn't care at all since I basically play 5/10 for the rakeback and don't even try to play my C game most of the time (I'm a 37/28/2 player there overall, filtered for 5-handed I think).

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries. Why worry about the guy? He wants to bet a flop where his flop equity is nil. Let him.

thread I overreact in

I just make an effort to keep my overreacting out of HUSH/MUSH. Happy new year!

Krishan
Old 12-31-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a 37/28/2 player there overall

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Even for 5-handed you're an exceptional uber-lag.

I love those stats!!

Are you just stealing the blinds from UTG with K2o or what??

Are you 3-betting in the SB vs. a steal with J7s??

Seriously...I would be very curious what kind of standards you have to play 37/28. If you can't simplify them that's fine. This just has me uber-curious about your uber-laggyness.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also - banditdad strongly disagreed with my idea that checking-through on the river would be bad because of all the stuff on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I agreed that checking the river is the best line to take. I believe, (and of course this is poker so I could be wrong) that if he has you beat he will raise if he doesn't he will fold and there are way to many hands that have you beat. I would just check the river. A9 with this board is nothing to brag about and I've seen players with villians stats play anything including suited 27 down to the river, especially after catching a piece.

I know I'll get hammered for this by all the experts who think they can get reads, but at small stakes,(and the original poster did not indicate the stakes), there are way to many players who will play down to the river hoping to catch. Quite frankly at 2/4 or 3/6 I've given up trying to put the loose callers on a range of hands.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a 37/28/2 player there overall

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Even for 5-handed you're an exceptional uber-lag.

I love those stats!!

Are you just stealing the blinds from UTG with K2o or what??

Are you 3-betting in the SB vs. a steal with J7s??

Seriously...I would be very curious what kind of standards you have to play 37/28. If you can't simplify them that's fine. This just has me uber-curious about your uber-laggyness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just loaded up PT and I'm not quite as laggy as I thought. Average 5-handed (4.96), 22k hands, I'm 34/25.7/2.23 (2.75/1.97/1.59). Most of it probably comes from defending a ton (FBB 47.6) and stealing a fair amount (ASB 39) but I'm honestly not sure.

AP 5/10 is where I do a lot of what I call my 'experimentation' with my play, based on player types I'm up against. Recently I've started a flavic-style capping with a wide range against SB/BB 3-bets when you're in position. I've tried other things too like openlimping OTB more in 3-handed games, coldcalling from the SB, etc., to try to satisfy my morbid curiousity about different 2p2 dogmas. It's fun and it keeps me from getting bored. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Since I basically effed up this thread I'll try to add some content to it:

Filtered 4-6, I am 31/23, which is relatively sane. VPIP/PFR by position:

Button - 31/30
CO - 27/26
MP - 23/23
UTG - 24/24
BB - 36/13
SB - 35/22

Rob
Old 12-31-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I to understand that most here agree that betting this river (at the risk of a C/R if he has a 7) is acceptable?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah betting the river is a no brainer - as is checking through on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you want to spew chips. Please I'm begging you, tell me where you play. I need to take your money.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
great thread i must say.

[/ QUOTE ]

bandit, people disagree with each other in these forums all the time. Go back to the main page and you'll see that 90%+ of threads there is at least one and usually more arguing against the convential wisdom, but this is the only one that has digressed to the highly coveted "HU RIGHT NOW BITCH" level, all because of your lack of social and/or debating skills. Intelligent discussion is the point of this site, after all. It's when you drop the level of discourse to the "maybe you should read a book" that you're going to end up getting ignored and considered a troll. Just a little tip in case you ever again find occasion where you need to interact with other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I disagree. 2+2 has a deserved reputation for being rude, arrogant and nasty in tone. One of the reasons I havn't posted here for a long time.

However, if I was somehow rude and hurt someone's feelings then I apologize.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
openlimping OTB more in 3-handed games, coldcalling from the SB, etc.,

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a mad-man.
I like this kind of experimentation.

Probably confuses the hell out of fellow 2+2'ers who just see you 'playing wrong'.

I asked a few weeks ago about cold-calling in the SB with certain hands against a certain range of opponents and naturally got the conventional 2+2 wisdom that I should be 3-betting it of course.
Has certain meta-game implications to really throw off aware opponents.

I still think this is likely correct (because people smarter than me have made very convincing arguments)...perhaps even 100% of the time...but I'm not entirely convinced about that.
Closed Thread