Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-31-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Concern with Godfather Part II

I love the Godfather Part II, but I've got an issue that's plagued me for years. Right after Michael and Kay's bedroom gets ripped apart in gunfire near the beginning of the movie, the family "releases the dogs" to find the culprits and/or their bodies (Michael predicted they were dead). Now, the Corleone's were no doubt rich and powerful, but isn't it a bit much to believe that they'd have teams of bloodhounds (and handlers) all ready to go in case something like this ever came up? I mean, really. Year after year of feeding and training and housing all these dogs and nothing to use them for. Would they really have faded that expense?
Old 12-31-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Concern with Godfather Part II

Mr. Burns has hounds!!

Seriously, this may have been more common among the uber-rich/paranoid before modern security methods were invented.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:28 PM

what's good enough for Mr Burns is good enough for the Corleones
Old 12-31-2005, 02:32 PM

Hunting dogs?
Old 12-31-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the Godfather Part II, but I've got an issue that's plagued me for years. Right after Michael and Kay's bedroom gets ripped apart in gunfire near the beginning of the movie, the family "releases the dogs" to find the culprits and/or their bodies (Michael predicted they were dead). Now, the Corleone's were no doubt rich and powerful, but isn't it a bit much to believe that they'd have teams of bloodhounds (and handlers) all ready to go in case something like this ever came up? I mean, really. Year after year of feeding and training and housing all these dogs and nothing to use them for. Would they really have faded that expense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they weren't his own, but i'm sure he had the police and associated resources in his back pocket. If they were in fact his own, it's not too far-fetched I guess. It can't be any more expensive than owning some horses, stables, and trainers (don't know if he had these) like any other billionaire.

dizong
Old 12-31-2005, 02:40 PM

I always thought that Roth had other people on the property who killed the assailants from far away and then took off.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:05 PM

even if they weren't their dogs, the police were already on hand from the party earlier that day, i'd assume.

they could be hunting dogs, as bison mentioned, or just plain old guard dogs. rich people tend to have those, especially if they're in the mob.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:10 PM

I dont see this as anymore far-fetched, then employing about 15 armed gaurds to walk around the property, like he had?
Old 12-31-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are u fuking kidding me? You do realize it's a movie, right?
Old 12-31-2005, 04:36 PM

Yeah, but it's such a great movie that it's hard to tolerate what you perceive as errors. The supposedly solid gold telephone is another example--they toss it around like a balloon.

Bison points out below that they may have been simply been hunting dogs, which I hadn't considered.