Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-30-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Play along TPTK against 3bettor and unknown/fish

This could be a short one if everyone says fold the flop. SB is your standard TAG. BB is looser and fishier. I didn't have enough of a read to call him an out and out LAG yet, though.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero...
Old 12-30-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Play along TPTK against 3bettor and unknown/fish

Hi Clever-

I like it. If SB is on overs, we'd like to get rid of him now. An average 3/6 player is gonna raise this flop with any 8 or T, I think, and probably wait until the turn to pop the scary stuff like two pair/trips. Basically, I want to 3-bet this flop because any J, Q or K makes me very unhappy on the turn and stops me fromp raising then.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:29 PM

I'd three-bet this. I considered just calling, but that actually gives AK/AQ/AJ proper odds to chase their 3-outer. So raise it up!
Old 12-30-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd three-bet this. I considered just calling, but that actually gives AK/AQ/AJ proper odds to chase their 3-outer. So raise it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

I also 3 bet. Let's find out where we're at as it is likely you have the best hand.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:50 PM

I 3bet here, but I'm prepared to fold to further aggression.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:57 PM

I 3bet since we have position and will re-evaluate on the turn if we should continue. If we were the SB and OOP it's an easier fold facing two cold with the TAG in the hand but with position I prefer a 3bet to define our hand.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:57 PM

Haha, well, I guess I screwed the pooch here. The mantra "3bet or fold" drifted through my mind, but I didn't do it for some reason. I didn't really have time to analyze, so I just thought, "call, re-evaluate on turn."

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero... (raises, folds to a 3bet or takes a free showdown?)
Old 12-30-2005, 05:38 PM

The turn card is the suck. What happened to the BB? If BB calls I don't like raising here because you are not knocking anyone out and are probably beat. I prefer to fold or call. fold &gt; call

However, if you 3bet on the flop and it was checked to you on the turn I prefer to bet out and fold to a raise.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:45 PM

WHOOPS! I totally misposted the turn. Hang on.

<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero... (raises, folds to a 3bet or takes a free showdown?)
Old 12-30-2005, 06:12 PM

Okay now I like a raise/fold. SB either doesn't like his hand anymore and will fold or is setting us up for a raise and your read of the BB is that he is a fish/unknown so we might be ahead. Unless the river is an A or T check behind or obviously raise any A or T river.