Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-29-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Is GWB exploiting a state of perpetual war to stifle internal diss

I believe that it is a falacy that our government cares about the nature of foreign countries' political systems unless vilifing them is convienent for us with respect to propaganda.

Meh. This is true of all government.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GWB is the figure-head of the interests of the monied elite in the US. They are people who want to cut taxes for the ultra wealthy and slash wages for the working class.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I would like to see taxes cut for the ultra-wealthy and wages slashed for much of the working class. Guess that makes me one of the moneyed elite [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2005, 10:30 AM

how much do you make per year?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how much do you make per year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so much that I couldn't benefit substantially from paying less for many basic goods and services.

It's not just how much you make, it's how much you have to spend to get your lawn mowed, to get your hair cut, to get your car worked on...etc.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:39 AM

As Moderator at 2+2, he makes a bazilliongillion dollars. And that's just one job. Then there's playing poker on the side.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:56 AM

So once the lefty loony fringe realized that they were absolutely acting like tools with regards to Tillman, they decided to make him a convert to their cause after he died. Brilliant. I haven't heard this.

Let me see if I have the Pat Tillman [censored] fantasy accurately...

Pat returns from the war saying that it's wrong. He testifies before congress saying that American troops are trained to commit atrocities and that he himself participated in atrocities. He is whisked around the world to meet with all the great liberal thinkers and handed the keys to the gold plated Kerry winning strategy for Presidential Campaigning. Only this time, the media alliance is able to stop the veterans who served with Pat from getting out the truth. It's camelot one more time. The glory days of losing in Vietnam and Watergate are relived as the war on terror fails to prevent a WMD attack in the US. Everyone once again loves liberals because of Pat....

You people are sick.

Provide the documentation from Pat's fellow veterans that he was against the war. I will accept notorized testimony on paper or video provided with proper creditials that the person on the video actually served with Tillman in the form of service records.

Did you get this Tillman hated the war stuff from Rall? He's been so spot on factually correct in everything else he's ever said that it must be true.

This is your chance to be brilliant. You can dazzle me with the evidence I asked for. Or, you can say you are not my monkey. It's up to you.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:59 AM

We won vietnam you idiot, dont you watch fox news?
Old 12-29-2005, 11:01 AM

"I don't believe it," seethed Ann Coulter.

Her contempt was directed at a September 25 San Francisco Chronicle story reporting that former NFL star and Army Ranger war hero Pat Tillman, who was killed in Afghanistan last year, believed the US war on Iraq was "f***ing illegal" and counted Noam Chomsky among his favorite authors. It must have been quite a moment for Coulter, who upon Tillman's death described him in her inimitably creepy fashion as "an American original--virtuous, pure and masculine like only an American male can be." She tried to discredit the story as San Francisco agitprop, but this approach ran into a slight problem: The article's source was Pat Tillman's mother, Mary.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051024/zirin

As for Chomsky, whom Ann Coulter would undoubtedly label "treasonous," Mary Tillman says a private meeting was planned between him and Pat after Pat's return--a meeting that never took place, of course. Chomsky confirms this scenario. This was the real Pat Tillman: someone who, like the majority of this country, was doubting the rationale for war, distrusting his Commander in Chief and looking for answers. The real Pat Tillman, the one with three dimensions, must stick in the throat of the Bush-Coulter gang, a pit in the cherry atop their bloody sundae.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Is GWB exploiting a state of perpetual war to stifle internal dissent?

“I can see it like a movie screen,” Baer said. “We were outside of (a city in southern Iraq) watching as bombs were dropping on the town. We were at an old air base, me, Kevin and Pat, we weren’t in the fight right then. We were talking. And Pat said, ‘You know, this war is so f— illegal.’ And we all said, ‘Yeah.’ That’s who he was. He totally was against Bush.”

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...NGD7ETMNM1.DTL
Old 12-29-2005, 11:25 AM

For all those who wish to reference it, this is the Coulter peice on Tillman:

link

Let me ask you question, how come Pat's mother isn't out shouting at the top of her lungs in front of the Bush ranch in Crawford, Texas?

You'd think she would be MUCH bigger than Cindy Sheehan. It looks like this little liberal exercise of the press went splat like wet toilet paper on a bathroom wall. Probably because no one has heard anything more from Tillman's mom. One would think, at least I do, that if she had a score to settle over the obviously vast right wing conspiracy to kill her peace loving Army Ranger son, she would be out shouting to the rafters and it would be the biggest news for months until she got answers.

Why has none of this happened?

That's where it all falls apart for me.

Go monkey Go.