Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: QQ vs minraise on a dry board (200 6 max)

You may well be ahead of the range of hands that he will min raise you with, but youre not ahead of the range of hands that he'll call an all in with.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:42 AM

ScDavis, how about a fold with A-K and a call with QQ, that sounds more reasonable to me
Old 12-29-2005, 01:55 AM

Pmuir10,

Trust me I understand your logic, I just lost roughly $400 the other day pushing all in on a re,re-raiser from the big blind preflop, I asked this forum about that hand, and I thought some really fantastic points were made. Q,Q is good so you can't fold, but there's no need to get crazy and reraise all in, that's what Big Jim said and I now agree.

Smooth Calling here is the best bet, if I can I'd like to quote Big Jim "Reraising all in is pretty bad here" Why because it lets your opponents off the hook when you have them beat, they'll fold any hands you are ahead on. Yet with AA or KK or a 3, they are calling your all in.

Since I couldn't put my opponent on any of those hands, I would just as likely think he was reraising me with a pair of 6's or a small overpair 7s,8s,9s,10s,Js I have to call and most likely my strategy would be to keep calling or betting if he checks til the very end. I'm planning on getting all my money in this pot, because I like my chances, I'm aware he could have me dominated, but it's a risk I'll have to take.

Essentially All in after the flop means you lose all $204 when he calls with better cards or win a small pot $111 when he folds weaker hands

while if you call all the way to the river, you could still lose your $204 to a better hand, but now when you just call it'll be harder for those smaller pocket pairs to go away 10s for instance and you'll be able to win more in those situations.

I'm not the best player but that's what I would do and the reasoning behind it,

I don't want to let those hands off that I can beat so easily by an all in and if I'm dominated just calling might give me more time to see that and save some money by the river. All in I agree is very bad
Old 12-29-2005, 06:05 AM

Whats he calling with that you beat? not a lot of draws out there.

I take it you're figuring he doesnt have AA or KK, which would have re-raised pf. And he doesnt have the 3 because he'd wait to c/r turn????

So, you're hoping he's got TT, JJ or A6 or something? So what does he do with those hands to your push?