Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-18-2005, 08:44 PM

Default AQ in the BB

Button is 32/17/2. MP is a donk

I guess I should have 3 bet this PF which would have changed things a bit, but since I didn't, how'd I do?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
Old 12-18-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: AQ in the BB

This guy is overly aggressive, have you got a lot of hands on this guy? I think I end up calling this river getting &gt;10:1 on my money. The way things have played out you are probably against QQ/KK/QK the majority of the time, but a hand like AT / AJ / JJ / TT may bluff raise this river.

I don't know entirely if I am right here but the stats of this player make me lean towards thinking he is overly aggressive/tricky which points to bluff raising the river under the guise that he has no other way to win.

postflop is good

I don't see how you can call this river unless you thought he was on a spade draw. I'd like to know how many hands you have on him.

3 bet pf is standard and the rest of the hand will play out very differently.

It's somewhat likely that button has AQ or QJ but he'd have to be a very studious player.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:05 PM

Other than preflop, nice hand. If he was going to try to bluff you off a better hand it'd be on the turn.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
unless you thought he was on a spade draw

[/ QUOTE ]

I betfold that river too. Hero holds A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is out. Villain would need a raising hand containing QJ or QT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] unless they were overly PF aggressive.