Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-10-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Firepay says \"FAX YOU!\"

So I logged into Firepay for the first time in, oh... maybe six months. And my account was locked! They insist I fax them a copy of my bank statement to them to have it unlocked. I'm not very happy since there's several hundred bucks in the account.

Anyone have this happen to them?
Old 12-10-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Firepay says \"FAX YOU!\"

y did u leave several hundred dollars in ur firepay acount for 6 months? i'd think if u had money there u would be moving it from one place to the other.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:48 AM

firepay is the very last company id leave money in for a long time. get it to neteller.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I logged into Firepay for the first time in, oh... maybe six months. And my account was locked! They insist I fax them a copy of my bank statement to them to have it unlocked. I'm not very happy since there's several hundred bucks in the account.

Anyone have this happen to them?

[/ QUOTE ]
The FirePay T&C says money left for 150 days is abandoned and they can keep it.

Be really happy if you get your money back at all.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
firepay is the very last company id leave money in for a long time. get it to neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]
Neteller should be the second-to-last company. If your money isn't playing poker it belongs in a real bank or other investment.

Neteller is a relatively new company with an offshore base. Yes they seem trustworthy as online gambling related sites go, but the truth is that all we really know is that nothing bad has happened yet.

You are not getting interest or anything else for the use of your money. It's one thing to patronize companies like Neteller and FirePay because you have no other good way to get things done. It's another thing to risk your money for months on end for no reason. Don't give Murphy's Law a freeroll.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:44 AM

Default UPDATE: all is well

I faxed Firepay my bank account statement and ID, and within a couple of hours they reactivated my account with all my funds still intact.

Btw, their terms of services state the following:
"Involuntary termination: We reserve the right to terminate your Personal Account if you do not access it for a period of 150 days. We will notify you via email to your registered email address of such impending termination and, if you fail to respond to your notification within a reasonable period, your funds will be forfeited to FirePay. Termination of your Personal Account will result in termination of this Agreement."

So, while leaving money in your account probably isn't a good idea, they're not allowed to take it away from you without first giving you notice via email.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't give Murphy's Law a freeroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have said it better myself.