Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-28-2005, 04:34 PM

Default 2/4 Flop big draw, get raised, plan ?

2/4 6-max PLO

Stacks about 400. Just sat down, so no reads.

Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop
2 limpers, hero pots it to make it 18 to go, both limpers call

Flop (54)
J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets 54, 1 fold, and villain pot raises to 213. Hero can call and have 155 left.

Whats the plan?
Push now ? Call and fold a turn that pairs ? Call and push the turn if you make it or even if you dont but the board doesnt pair?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Flop big draw, get raised, plan ?

You have a wrap plush the nut flush draw, I'm pushing this hand, why bet it if you fold to a pot bet? You know you're behind at this point, but have a very good chance of winning the hand. You have 19 outs, so your pretty much even money against a set, and a slight dog against a hand like a set plus and OESD. The worst case scenario is he has hand like JJQT with 2 hearts and then it's best to fold, but other than that you're in good shape. Since there is no way of knowing if he has precicesly a set with the over OESD you can't let this hand go and I hate folding after I've already put well over half stack into a pot, I'd rather get it all in and hope I draw out.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:53 PM

Assuming your oppenent has JJxx or any other set, you are about 50% to win if you push on the flop. If i were you, i would push all-in on flop, he could also be betting with a wrap/mid flush draw which would make you way ahead. Whatever falls on the turn your pushing all-in anyway, unless the board pairs. The best possible hand u could be up against is JJQT and even then its 40/60. Push the flop.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:57 PM

I like option 3. You might be able to push him off two pair here. All your dough is going into any non-paired turn anyway, so you might as well put him to the test.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:50 PM

I think you have to push mainly because if you hit your hand it's pretty much nothing but scare cards for him. Only a set with some of your outs type hand is a fav over what you have (and even then it's not that big)

Plus when you push then they might start calling those with hands like middle set when you have top set and etc.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:17 PM

Against a very tight player who would only raise you here with a set, then you should just call so that you can release if the turn pairs the board. But against other players who could equally be raising with a draw to try to force you out when they put you on AA, then you should indeed push. Even then, someone with a similar draw and a pair could win a big pot off you with 1 pair when 2 blanks come, so playing it more softly is a legitimate option.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a very tight player who would only raise you here with a set, then you should just call so that you can release if the turn pairs the board. But against other players who could equally be raising with a draw to try to force you out when they put you on AA, then you should indeed push. Even then, someone with a similar draw and a pair could win a big pot off you with 1 pair when 2 blanks come, so playing it more softly is a legitimate option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why calling and leaving yourself with 155 in a $450 pot, and then folding on the turn if it pairs is the better play then just pushing. Now what if you just call and the turn doesn't pair but doesn't improve you what do you do now? Just push, or call his push? By just calling you have given yourself a new decision to make. Pushing here should get somebody to lay down top two and maybe even bottom set. And it doesn't give the opponent the opportunity to fold on the turn if the flush or straight gets there.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:50 PM

You have to push right away, your atleast 50/50 or better, you cant leave yourself with a difficult decsion on the turn (if you miss) with small change in your stack.. push and be happy..
Old 11-28-2005, 08:36 PM

"Against a very tight player who would only raise you here with a set"
Old 11-28-2005, 08:40 PM

Reading is fun....