Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 11-01-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Plastic Cards

I believe ky70 owns 1 of every plastic card brand in existence plus a few others. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So what's the 23rd setup? By the way, when is www.cardtalk.net going to be up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Whenever I think I have too many plastic cards, I just think of your stash and feel better. I think I have only like 6 setups including DN Freedoms, DN Grand Slams, USPC Kem Arrows, Modiano Bikes, Modiano Black Jacks and Royals (not sure where these came from).
Old 11-01-2005, 03:29 PM

Cardtalk would be nice!!! I bought a single deck of Dal Negro Blanco's...they're suppose to be Torcellos with all white backs and I couldn't resist the thought of Dal Negro's with white backs and no design. I need to seek help I know but I'm going to stop buying cards for awhile.

I think you have a great selection of cards and you have covered all the bases. How do those Black Jacks compare to the Bikes?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:07 PM

Haven't really done anything with them yet but I'm not a big fan of the card faces for the 2-10. They have a yellow/tan background for all the center pips. This wasn't really obvious on the website as they only showed an A and K. I do really like the backs though and thought the jumbo index style might be helpful at a crowded table for dealers choice games. I haven't had a chance to compare them to the Freedoms though.

On a good note, the bridge sized Bikes are really nice. Been shuffling them at my computer when I'm online to break them in.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:18 PM

Thanks hachkc for the heads up on the Black Jacks (You just saved me $15, lol). I also have the bridge size bikes and I love the thickness of those things. They'll definitely be hitting the table a lot.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:29 AM

I got the Copag poker cards with Jumbo index the other week. I have to say I already love them. At first I had to get used to the flimsier cards since I've always used the stiffer paper cards. But now I found it actually easier to get a good shuffle with the copaq's.

I like how I can get a good dove tail shuffle going without picking up the cards off a smooth table (and exposing the bottom cards). Before, it would be too much of a pain to do that every deal with paper cards.