Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2003, 11:53 AM

Default Re: OIC - Tuesday - who\'s still in it?

I got back to $125 or so last night at the 1/2 table. Put a bad beat on somebody that I posted about in microlimits. Wound up splitting a huge pot as another guy went along for the capping ride between the other nut straight and myself. Took a beating when my pocket 7's boat lost to a pocket 8's boat. Won a bunch of straightforward hands.

Saw an awful case of all-in abuse. On a friggin 1/2 table. It just boggles the mind that somebody has so little honor as to pull that crap for a couple of bucks.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:00 PM

I'm still participating for the same reasons that I started. The chance to gain some experience at low risk. I feel like I have done that and learned more about playing in Limit games. (I was mostly a micro-NL and NL SNG player before.)

Playing a few hours/night the first week, I soared to $476 before having my wings burned off. I came crashing ALL the way back to the starting point with about $48, dropping through each level like a lead balloon in two really bad sessions. After reflecting on what happened, and thinking about my game some, I have clawed up to about $135 in the last few days.

I plan to keep going until the end, and I may even continue the exercise semi-regularly after the official end date of this OIC.

My thanks to TGC, JasonHoldEm, Inthacup, and everyone else who had a role in making this a great event for me.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PokerNoob
Saw an awful case of all-in abuse. On a friggin 1/2 table. It just boggles the mind that somebody has so little honor as to pull that crap for a couple of bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can remember any of the details, please PM us so we can investigate.

[ QUOTE ]

jwp22
My thanks to TGC, JasonHoldEm, Inthacup, and everyone else who had a role in making this a great event for me

[/ QUOTE ]
Pleasure -- glad you've enjoyed and benefitted from it.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:09 PM

I've got the hand number at home. I think Joe Tall sent an email about it, to whom, I'm not sure.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:24 PM

I just started playing in the OIC. Didn't hear about it until today. My chances of scoring really good are of course slim, but it's gonna be fun anyway. I'm still at the first level.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can remember any of the details, please PM us so we can investigate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent the email last night from joetall@yahoo.com. Hand number and player name.

It was blatant all-in abuse.

Thanks GC,
JT
Old 11-20-2003, 05:29 PM

I'm still in at $101.

I was on vacation last week (Carribean cruise) so didn't get any play time in for just over a week. I was down to $35
before I left. I've had a couple of good days and picked up $26 in about 45 mins. this AM at a 6-handed table to make it $1-2.

I look forward to hitting $1-2 when I get home from work late tonight. I will also continue to run this for a while even after the official end just to see how I can do.

Good luck to everyone and Thank you 'Cup, JHE, GC and everyone else responsible for putting this together!
Old 11-20-2003, 11:01 PM

You're welcome. As a result of it, I definitely plan to keep my account and play tournaments and ring games there on a semi-regular basis.

All your effort and generosity worked for me, and the marketing aspect of it probably paid off for you (in regards to me): I have referred a friend to the site.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

JT
I sent the email last night from joetall@yahoo.com. Hand number and player name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks JT, we'll investigate

[ QUOTE ]

jwp22
As a result of it, I definitely plan to keep my account and play tournaments and ring games there on a semi-regular basis.
All your effort and generosity worked for me, and the marketing aspect of it probably paid off for you (in regards to me): I have referred a friend to the site.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great - thanks very much ... look forward to seeing you around lots [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 07:05 AM

I'm still in there, but back at 1/2. I'll give it a last push over the weekend.