Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Legal or not legal?

A friend of mine just made an account at the site I play at because I recommended it to him. Are we allowed to play in the same tournaments together or do we have to make a private table?

Edit: We obviously wouldn't be cheating but we are friends in real life who play together every weekend. He registered so we could play on weekdays as well. Still illegal?
I don't want to get banned if they look at my account and see that I have played like 10 tournaments with the same person so before I do it I want to check.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Legal or not legal?

If you happen to be at the same tournament table as him (in a multi), just don't collude and you won't have a problem. If you guys obviously work together (pump pots, squeeze play people, etc.) and someone reports you and they notice a connection you might get in trouble
Old 09-26-2005, 01:27 AM

I see, well we would do none of that because he is trying to beat me and I am trying to beat him, but we both play SNG's so we would always be at the same table...
Old 09-26-2005, 01:29 AM

In that case bluff reraise his ass the 1st time he tries to steal when you two get to the bubble together. Don't forget to show it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 01:40 AM

SnG's usually aren't ok. MTT's usually are ok. email support on the site in question and ask them to clarify.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:41 AM

if you guys ever happen to play each others accounts from each others computers, you will be disqualified from playing at the same S&G. in other words, do not play on your account on his computer, and vice versa, and you'll be fine.

as for multi-table tournies, there is no problem at all...you can always play the same multi.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:16 AM

Did you get a referral bonus for him? That'll already link you guys together.

Playing at the same table as your friend is legal, however you may hit some flags because:

1. You (might) live in the same city
2. You (may have) referred him
3. You two play a lot of SNGs together

If you did refer him for a bonus, you probably should never play from an IP the other person has played from.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:27 AM

There is nothing wrong with playing with someone you know in a sit and go. If anything links you they may make it so you can't, but nothing beyond that as far as I know.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:03 PM

Although I did not refer him we both live in the same town together and will be playing SNG's together so I guess that it is ok? I think I will talk to support just to verify.