Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Doyle Brunson

its420yo.

First, you say buy a book purely dedicated to triple draw and omaha high. Now there is no book purely dedicated to triple draw, and very little info. on omaha high. Second, when you compare the price of SS2 (or any poker book) to the amount of money we actually play for at the tables it's like a drop in the ocean. Also, you say there is a lot of the book covering concepts you already know, and contains material you already own. Tell me, how many other books do you own that do the same? For example, I don't own a book that doesn't include info. on pot odds, implied odds, position etc. etc.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:58 AM

I thought SSII was really good. For whatever complaints there are for the wasted pages, the book was quite large, so even if you removed the Caro section, WPT section, the Brunson life story, and online poker section, there was still a lot of solid content. Of course Brunson is cashing in on his name. He's not a young guy anymore, he can't afford to just let opportunities pass him by. It is good to see someone who was so important to the game reap some of the rewards. Brunson is grabbing his piece of the pie while he is living, I don't blame him.

SSII is one of the only books I own that I look back at regularly, especially the Omaha Eight section. This book has easily paid for itself and all of the poker books I own.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:21 AM

You all seem to miss my point, which is: you dont need to spend another 30$+ on SSII if you own an intact copy of SSI(and more so vice versa, since II is more updated), unless you're a serious collecter with like 100 books and you want it for the sentimental value.
merry christmas all