Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 06:42 PM

Default 15/30 HU player profile analysis

I just finished playing a 500 hand session of HU 15/30 on Party. I ended up winning only 5 BB as Villian was a decent tough player. He played somewhat like a bot and I would like analysis on his play to see what the best way to play against him is. Here's a general profile of his play:

Preflop
SB - Raises 90%/folds 10% of the time. Never completes. Will call if I 3-bet (obviously) but never caps.
BB - Raises 75%/Checks 25% if I complete. Calls 75%/folds 25% if I raise. Never 3-bets.

Flop
If he raised preflop, he will bet if checked to or bet into you. If you raise him on the flop, he will fold 20%/3-bet 20%/call 60% of the time. If you check-raise him on the flop, he will fold 30%/3-bet 20%/call 50%.

If he didn't raise preflop and I am the aggressor, he will call 50%/fold 50% to a flop bet. He never raises me on the flop when I bet.

Turn/River
His play here is quite erratic. It changes depending on his holding. He tends to play preflop/postflop like a bot, but will not go crazy on the big streets with nothing.

I know this description might be too vague, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like against someone so predictable and robotic, I should've won more than 5 BB over 500 hands.