Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 12:31 PM

Default refund

Has anyone ever gotten a refund from a poker site because they discovered players working together?
My frined did, received a email which stated his account was being credited with about $90. THey stated they discovered tweo players working together in a game/s that he was playing in. They had frozen the account and seized the money when they tried to cash out. The poker site wouldn't state how they reached that number nor would they say what game it happened in. They only said the money was past back out to affected players.
Gives me faith on playing online poker
Old 11-29-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: refund

which site?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:52 PM

poker stars which makes me feel alot safer playing there. Its nice to know they are keeping a close eye.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:12 PM

Which site was this that offered the refund?

I wonder if someone else reported the people and your friend happened to be at the table as well or if the sites anti-collusion system caught them?

I know there are colluders out there but I doubt they are at the limits I play (micros) but I was playing like 50/100 or something I can see why someone would take the risk of doing this, as the rewards would be much greater.

An anti-collusion system would only have to be pretty simply to stop rampant colluding.

Do players A and B always or almost always play at the same tables? If yes then...

Where do they sit in relation to each other? Is there always a few people between them?

Do they only play in pots together (with others)? Do they have a tendency to raise/reraise each other with garbage cards?

these are things that can easily be checked and are strong tell-tell signs.

Funny thing is tracking colluding online is much easier than B&M as the databases store so much more information about these patterns and hole cards.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:51 PM

poker stars, they didn't offer, they credited my friends account then emailed him. MY friend only plays tourenments between 10 and 50 dollars buy in.

Yes with computers it makes it easy to catch cheaters. Its nice to know poker stars really keeps a eye on things.