Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Check-raising a 2+2er with quads

The villain in this hand is a known 2+2er. His stats are 23.68/17.29/1.72 over 2,424 hands. The game is Party 30/60, it's being played 9-handed, and the CO is posting the BB for his first hand.

UTG limps, 2+2er limps in UTG+1, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO checks, button folds, I complete with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and BB checks.

Flop (6 players, 6 SB): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, it's checked around to the 2+2er who bets, the two people behind him fold, I call, and the other two guys fold as well.

Turn (2 players, 4 BB): 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, 2+2er calls.

River (2 players, 6 BB): K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check with the intention of check-raising....

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Check-raising a 2+2er with quads

checkraising risks check behinds from A high and low pairs like 66. basically his entire hand range.

bet. A9s or in this case given his stats and a UTG limper (who, if bad, is likely to engender overlimping w/ hands like J9, and Axs which may bet the flop) maybe J9s trying to steal are you best bets. but they don't compose a range of hands that would even come remotely close to a range you want to c'r on the end,

remember: its Pr(A=CALLING A BET) vs. Pr(B=BETTING WHEN CHECKED TO) AND Pr(C=CALLING THE C'R)

Pr(B) on this board is so low in most cases AND Pr(A) is so effing high that you lose a ton of value overall when he checks behind.

Barron
Old 09-14-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

checkraising risks check behinds from A high and low pairs like 66. basically his entire hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, you think most 2+2ers check behind a full house when checked to? Come on.

And most wont be holding ace high at the river.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:59 AM

bet the [xxxxxx] river and hope he raises with a pair ...... he'll call with Ace high, he may even raise with it. Hope the checkraise worked out but on a scary board like that I'd probably be checking behind if I got the chance even with any pair lower than 9s.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:12 AM

I think you should CR the flop. I wouldn't try to CR this river, no.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should CR the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? To indicate to him that I don't have a K? Given that I checked, I was more interested in getting as many people to call the flop as possible instead of pushing them out.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should CR the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? To indicate to him that I don't have a K? Given that I checked, I was more interested in getting as many people to call the flop as possible instead of pushing them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anybody's putting any money in unless they've got something. And I think you're getting way more action if you stimulate it by misrepresenting your hand, yes.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:37 AM

Does anyone else think this is a flop lead? Makes you way more money in my books.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think this is a flop lead? Makes you way more money in my books.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will frequently do exactly that. But not always.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:15 PM

I think you lose value in this hand by checking the river. I think that it is highly likely that the villain has a kings full of nines full house, and if you bet he wont give you credit for quads and will raise with kings full. I think his call on the turn suggests this point. Why check? dont let him check behind you just in case...you know he's calling with kings full of nines, and maybe raising. Bet the river.