Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Play On The River

The blinds are 25/50. I'm in the small blind with about 2800 and the big blind has around 8700. Action is folded around to me and I make it 150 to go with J-10o. The player in the big blind calls with Q-4o. He is a loose and aggressive player. The flop comes 4-8-10 and I lead out by making it 300 to go. He calls. The turn brings a ten giving me two pair, and I decide to check, hoping to induce a bluff as he has been aggressive on all streets. Surprisingly, he checks behind me. The river brings the dreaded Queen though I did not figure him for top two pair at the time. I make a weak lead of about 300, and he raises to 800. In this spot, I didn't think he had much of a hand as he was capable of raising weak leads with any hand. With that in mind, I pushed all in hoping for a call. Of course, he turns over the Q-4 for the top two pair. Am I at fault for checking on the turn hoping for a check-raise? Was I wrong to make a weak lead and reraise all in? Sorry, I don't know how to use the hand converter so I just typed everything out from memory.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Play On The River

[ QUOTE ]
I make it 150 to go with J-10o. The player in the big blind calls with Q-4o. He is a loose and aggressive player. The flop comes 4-8-10 and I lead out by making it 300 to go. He calls. The turn brings a ten giving me two pair

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have trips here. Did you mean a jack on the flop? If you have two pair on the turn you should bet this to get hands like Q4 to fold or make a bad call.

Bet the turn.

Good luck,
PN
Old 12-20-2005, 08:10 PM

So it's a good idea to always lead on the turn when out of position?
Old 12-20-2005, 08:44 PM

You've got to bet it on the turn - you're trying to win chips and protect your hand.