Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Bracket 3
Justin Timberlake 172 75.44%
Hilary Duff 56 24.56%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Drugs

Ive tried some opium. Smoked it in a bowl. Who the hell knows if it actually was opium, I really doubt you can get the real deal in the states. It was black tar that smelled like some incense. I only tried it one time and really didnt like it, although at the time I was already high.

With the exception of alcohol, Im trying to cut the drugs out completely. Marijuana makes me very paranoid when Im high, and it's insanely hard to be high around people without having some massive anxiety attack. I wish I had the same high's I had when I was younger, but I guess it's alright - more money and a better memory.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:06 AM

Only shrooms, booze and mj. The only other on the list being amphetamines in the form of adderall, which is pretty common in parts of rural america. Hence the loc <-
Old 06-16-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find it really interesting that the difference between Alcohol and Weed is that small.

Also, I don't consider myself a nerd or sheltered by any means, and I don't even think I've ever seen cocaine, let alone any of these other drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are sheltered. ....which, in the longterm, is probably a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Even 2pac talks about how lucky the innocent people are. Oddly enough I've seen more lives decimated by the violence that follows drugs (that includes arrests, tainted drugs, and general crime in the drug community) than from actual addiction. This is one of many reasons why I'm against the drug war. It really is one big and nasty game.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing odd about that. The harms caused by prohibition dwarf, by far, any harms caused by illegal drugs. Indeed, the harms caused by legal drugs (including deaths) far exceed the harms caused by the illegal drugs.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who the f[/i]uck does opium?

[/ QUOTE ]

I smoked a little opium a couple weeks back. I have recurring back pain, and a buddy dropped a small chunk on me. It worked quite well to ease the pain (duh). It is pretty expensive (about 200 canadian for 5 grams) and I'm not particularly fond of the high, but were it legal it would likely regain its place as a pretty good (and safe) general painkiller.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

With the exception of alcohol, Im trying to cut the drugs out completely. Marijuana makes me very paranoid when Im high, and it's insanely hard to be high around people without having some massive anxiety attack. I wish I had the same high's I had when I was younger, but I guess it's alright - more money and a better memory.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to consider smoking only indicas (as opposed to sativas) if you try cannabis again. Sativas tend to be very heady buzzes, and anxiety is a potential side effect. Indicas tend to work the body a bit more and be less anxiety-producing.

Set and setting are also contributors. Cannabis tends to give you what you expect, so if you now expect anxiety, you will likely experience it.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences, though. If you are going to use psychoactive substances, cannabis is much better for you than booze (both short and long term).
Old 06-16-2005, 12:24 AM

Default The validity of this survey

How accuratly do you think this poll reflects the drug use of those who responded?

Im sorry, but Im really having a tough time believing the results. (For example, crack seems to jump out as WAY too large).

BUT, I will say that I've had a pretty sheltered existence, and this stuff is far from my field of expertise.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:31 AM

I hope you know that Marijuana and Hashish are the same thing..
Old 06-16-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: The validity of this survey

[ QUOTE ]
How accuratly do you think this poll reflects the drug use of those who responded?

Im sorry, but Im really having a tough time believing the results. (For example, crack seems to jump out as WAY too large).

BUT, I will say that I've had a pretty sheltered existence, and this stuff is far from my field of expertise.

[/ QUOTE ]

The crack count seems about right to me. I was surprised by the peyote and heroine counts. (who knows where to get peyote and who the hell actually does heroine?)

<---- Booze, pot, coke, shrooms, salvia, opium, hash, poker, cigs, dip
Old 06-16-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who the hell actually does heroine?

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard something about it being a big problem in my town. And I live in a small, liberal town in western MA.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and who the hell actually does heroin

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously havent been to Vancouver lately