Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 02:47 AM

Default checkraised on river uncomfortable spot

6-handed

I have 500 villain has 500. I'm multitabling and he hasn't done anything special, so no read.

He's in the CO and opens for 12. I call on the button with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Blinds fold.

30$ Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets 20$. I call. I called planning to either take it away on the turn or suckout.

70$ turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He checks and calls 50$

170$ river: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain checks hero bets 120, villain goes all in for 300$ more the pot is 590 with 300 to call.

I think I should have just folded the flop but I try to win too many pots.

All comments welcome, especially how to play the river
Old 08-31-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Re: checkraised on river uncomfortable spot

Very uncomfortable...

I hate it but give him credit for a better hand and fold. Very gutsy if Villain made this play with anything other than A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. With so many draws on the flop I'd expect a bigger flop bet if he did not have a piece of the draw himself.

I like the flop call with so many scare cards to come.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:10 AM

bump
Old 08-31-2005, 11:15 AM

I'd think this is a pretty standard check behind on the river. You have a good hand that you'd like to show down, but you'll just barf if the guy checkraises you all in which happened here. Don't bet the river when you can't call a raise but you want to see a showdown.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:28 AM

What djoyce said. I check behind here just about every time. Also the flop call is a little thin but I do this from time to time too.