Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 09:02 AM

Default I took a really, really bad beat at Commerce last night.

Scene of the crime is Commerce $9-18 game, slightly tighter than the average $9-18 LHE game there, which does not mean much.

I am UTG+1. Having consumed quite a few adult beverages, I start to feel an urge to use the facilities. However, I would love to get through the blinds so I don't have to post 4 chips behind the button. I muck and the hand goes through. Same thing UTG. As I post my BB, the urge is now quite powerful. I muck my BB and reason that I can tolerate two more hands. Just as my sb is being dealt, a douche at the table calls "setup". I groan and shoot glances of death at said douche. Now normally a setup wouldn't be all that big a deal....at least not with my situation in mind as many of the chip runners at the Commerce have fewer brain cells than your average houshold pet....but this time it is. Super Visa, quite possibly the most attentive, polite, and competent chip runner at Commerce, is nearby and immediately shouts out "setup next hand".

I curse my bad luck and contemplate my future course of action. At this point I am ready to burst, and thinking quickly, I direct the timid, and now quite frightened, dealer to deal me in the next hand. I do this knowing full well that I will not be present for that hand. Anyway, I make a B-line for the mens restroom, shoving a few people out of my way.

Theres a line for the mens room.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: I took a really, really bad beat at Commerce last night.

Should of raised preflop.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:35 PM

Sitting in discomfort in order to play your blinds is getting the worst of it.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:36 PM

Visa is wonderful. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the Commerce 9/18.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:26 PM

"Theres a line for the mens room."

There used to be another men's room on the other side of the room, next do the deli. What happened there?

A couple weeks ago I use the restroom in the top section. It's a disgrace. After I leave, I approach the floorman and tell him the restroom needs attention. He says he'll take care of it. Two hours later I go back (sometimes life is difficult when you're over 50) and it's worse. And the floorman I told about it is in there fixing his hair. I ask him if they're attending to the restroom and he says they did already.

Blind, deaf, and dumb.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There used to be another men's room on the other side of the room, next do the deli. What happened there?

[/ QUOTE ]

They had that whole side closed off a few weeks ago (last time I was in). I heard they were expanding outward and adding something in the neighborhood of 20 tables. Does anyone know if this is true?
Old 11-05-2005, 03:41 PM

Just leave when you're UTG and post 4 chips in the CO. It's no great advantage playing a pot out of position in the BB; and since the SB is only one chip, it's worth it to miss those 2 hands. I do this a lot, unless I think I can leave UTG+1 and make it back to post my BB, just skipping the UTG hand.

The best course, by the way, is to shoot down the back steps of the 9/18 section by the TV's, past the cashier, and up past the Bamboo Deli into the men's room, rather than taking the front steps and going into the traffic jam of the 4/8 tables with Bobamilktea carts, chips runners, and porters clogging the aisles.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just leave when you're UTG and post 4 chips in the CO. It's no great advantage playing a pot out of position in the BB; and since the SB is only one chip, it's worth it to miss those 2 hands. I do this a lot, unless I think I can leave UTG+1 and make it back to post my BB, just skipping the UTG hand.

The best course, by the way, is to shoot down the back steps of the 9/18 section by the TV's, past the cashier, and up past the Bamboo Deli into the men's room, rather than taking the front steps and going into the traffic jam of the 4/8 tables with Bobamilktea carts, chips runners, and porters clogging the aisles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt like I was in an obstacle course the first time I went to Commerce and tried to use the bathroom.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:20 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...8626&page=

I think you know what to do next time.