Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 02:40 PM

Default AA hand

Villain is LAG with 70/10/.68
He and I have some history since the start of the session, he's run some bluffs on me and I've run some bluffs on him that I showed because of a brainfart.

What do you put the villain on and do you play the same line as I did?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

BB ($367.06)
Hero ($244.65)
MP :#A500AF(Tricky LAG Villain)/ ($219.64)
CO ($0)
Button ($285)
SB ($198)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, MP :#A500AF(Tricky LAG Villain)/ calls $7, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($17) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, Tricky LAG Villain calls $12.

Turn: ($41) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, Tricky LAG Villain calls $200.64 (All-In), Hero calls $175.64.

River: ($442.28) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $442.28
Old 09-26-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: AA hand

[ QUOTE ]
What do you put the villain on and do you play the same line as I did?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly your pattern-mapper is working. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't know what kind of bluffs he made before, so I can't really comment on whether this particular push is a bluff... does he go all-in for huge overbets as a bluff?

Without any more information, I'm going to go with QT. 4-outer g00t.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:46 PM

Looks like he flopped a straight and you hit a two outer for the suckout. Or he hit trip jacks.

Even though he had terrible odds to call your flop bet (with a jack), the fact that he got all your money in on the turn with a better hand actually gave him correct pot odds.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:48 PM

I would be concerned that Villian is pushing with a big hand that he wants to make seem like a bluff. He could also be doing this of course with some sort of pair+draw or even just a draw.

I would look back on how villian played his other hands.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:07 PM

Playing this hand the decisions that went into calling were a) semi-tilt (rationally as a 3rd party observer it's extremely difficult to make this call, and if we hadn't had past history it's a clear muck) and b) if he has a jack he's not pushing me out of the pot, I thought he was bluffing based on my read.

I call, river comes Ace, i breathe a huge sigh of relief and PokerAce shows QQ and MHIG, some other guy couldn't believe I hit call.

so yes, rationally I think I played the hand poorly but the chance of him bluffing and my semi-tilt pushed me to call.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:08 PM

also, on the reverse side of things, it shows that you can induce calls with the nuts by overbetting the pot.