Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Getting Email Spammed, somehow 2+2 related

I got the following email this morning:

I got your name from the 2 + 2 forum as someone interested in 35% rake back. If you are interested, please go to www.xxxxxx.com (Mods if you need to delete the actual site, thats fine) Thank you.

I'm pretty sure the above mentioned site is not an advertiser on 2+2. What's weird is I cannot figure out how they got my email address. Its not even the main email address tied to this jman220 account (although its possible its tied to a gimmick account I made a while back). But either way, I don't have that email listed for other 2+2 users to see. Has anyone else been getting this spam? Anyone have any idea as to how they got my email address?
Old 09-25-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Getting Email Spammed, somehow 2+2 related

[ QUOTE ]
I got the following email this morning:

I got your name from the 2 + 2 forum as someone interested in 35% rake back. If you are interested, please go to www.xxxxxxx.com (Mods if you need to delete the actual site, thats fine) Thank you.

I'm pretty sure the above mentioned site is not an advertiser on 2+2. What's weird is I cannot figure out how they got my email address. Its not even the main email address tied to this jman220 account (although its possible its tied to a gimmick account I made a while back). But either way, I don't have that email listed for other 2+2 users to see. Has anyone else been getting this spam? Anyone have any idea as to how they got my email address?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only other thing I can think is that I did request rb offers from two advertisers in the 2+2 classifieds today, because I'm helping a friend set one up at empire. But neither of those two advertisers was the spam site i mentioned above, and they both have answered me in separate emails. However I can't imagine that they would refer my email address to one of their competitors....
Old 09-25-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However I can't imagine that they would refer my email address to one of their competitors....

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody leaves one of the rake-back sites to start their own...and takes a bunch of the e-mail addresses with them. I suspect this happens sometimes.

I made a typo in my home address when I first signed-up at UB.
A few months later I started getting junk-mail from Superior Poker with the exact same typo.
There is NO DOUBT in my mind that somebody at Superior somehow got my home-address from UB (and it's most likely that UB did not 'volunteer' it...more likely that someone with access to the addresses at UB stole it when they left to work at Superior)
Old 09-25-2005, 07:58 PM

You should probably take the link out of your info. I don't know why you list is xxx.com then link that actual site.