Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Monster hands questionable play

Playing in a loose passive 1-2 game, I've built my stack to around $250. I'm UTG, and the only player who has me covered is on the big blind. I look down and see the red 3s, so I open the betting for 4. CO+1, CO, button and big blind see the flop. ($21 in the pot) Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Big blind checks, I don't want to give all the aces out there a free draw at the five, so I fire out a bet of $20. Folded around to the big blind who calls. ($61 in pot) Turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks and I check behind. River is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He leads out with a bet of $60. I push all in behind him. Was this too big a bet. I'm effectively potting him back with an underboat, but there are all types of straights and/or flushes that might call. If you only raised him another 60, would you call his push behind?

Hand #2. Playing in a 5-10 game, I am relatively short stacked with $350. In the cutoff, after two other limpers, I limp with 44. Buttton and pboth blinds see the flop. ($60)I have a reputation as very LAGGY in this game, completeley willing to bet, or raise with nothing when I sense weekness, and to value bet marginal hands. Flop comes A94 rainbow. Checked to me, and I open for $40. Button calls, everyone else folds. ($140) Turn is a nine. I check he bets out 60, and I call. ($260) As soon as I did that, I hated it because he might very well put me on a 9. River is a 10, and I push my remaining $240 in. Too aggressive? if I bet less, do I call a raise?
Old 03-11-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Monster hands questionable play

Hand 1 - Bet the turn. It's unlikely he can put you on an underboat, and will call if drawing. If he has an OP the best play is to get money in on the turn before a scare card (such as the river) comes.
Dont like the minraise pf, but to each his own.

On the river if he's good his bet probably is a blocker and he cant really call a raise, so you may as well go for it. I take it he folded, but I dont mind that play at all.

Hand 2 - You have 35 bets and flop a set. Find the best way to get all in.