Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 06:28 PM

Default Re: foxwoods: still a madhouse

[ QUOTE ]
Communism is a great idea. Let's take all our smartest people and give them incentive to do no work because they'll get the same as the idiot next door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suprising the dealers aren't unionized. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 10:18 PM

I agree with Zack. I played at both MS and FW a lot before WPT, and the dealers and floorstaff were much weaker than those in AC. As I recall, the MS dealers were better than the FW dealers, but the FW floor was much better than the MS floor.

I went to FW over Thanksgiving weekend and was shocked at how bad it was. The dealers didn't even know basic rules, and the floor and brushes were terrible. The flat-out stupidest thing I saw them do was put a high limit stud game at a table right next to the milling crowd around the board. People were actually bumping into the players, and it was easy to pick up the hole cards of some of the sloppier players. I would have been very reluctant to pay time in a game that was so insecure.

[ QUOTE ]
A pox on both their wigwams; I'm going to AC.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thas was hilarious.

scrub

Old 03-09-2004, 11:18 PM

Hey I didn't mean for everybody to get all upiddy about my comments. My whole point is that the place is night and day between non holiday weekdays and weekend periods.
I won't even begin to defend some of the decisions I've seen made there as well as some of the absolutely horrible dealers one might see there. Those dealers, however, get far less shifts than the good ones and are usually only around on the busiest times such as the weekends and holidays. I'm sure they all get there weeknight as well to go in and F%$# it up. On the whole though the place isn't nearly as crowded as on the weekends. I'd say its full, but not packed.
The Mike I'm thinking of does run the tournaments, but when there are none to run he works the floor. The other Mike is also excellent as you said.
The whole thing about the new players that I said is not to discourage them. I'm not picking out any individual. I'm just observing the fact that it's easy to see that alot of the posters on this forum are new to the game (which is fine) who might not know the whole story as Toro clearly does. Cracker must be a long time player too by the tone of his post. It's just as easy for anyone to point out flaws at the other major places to play. AC is a dirty city and isn't all that safe. The Bellagio breaks live ring games to make room for tournament tables, which is absolutely rediculous as far as I am concerned. Their room is also small in comparison to how many people are there on the weekend. The Mirage doesn't have too many high limit hold'em tables. As far as I know those are the only two really good places to play in Vegas. All rooms have their flaws FW included, but I think it's unfair to the good dealers and floor people to say that 80% of them are terrible. Although it sometimes seems that way on weekends and holidays. Overall though it's a great place to play. It's clean, smoke free, safe, and best of all it's close. It has more tables than anywhere except the Taj and California.
The room at FW has just been flooded with players recently like no one could ever have expected. This is good for poker. The unfortunate side effect, for the time being, is long waits for low/med limit games on weekends as well as weak inexperienced dealers.

To answer a few questions/comments:
1. The tournaments got shaken up b/c FW decided that they make more money off of live games than tournys. At night and on the weekends they can already fill the room with live games so they are actually losing potential money for themselves by running tournaments. Until further notice this is what we are stuck with. Hopefully they will expand (Joe I believe it was your post that said they were expanding by 15 tables. I've heard that too. It won't be enough, but it will help).

2.The whole thing about communism was in agreement to what you said Cracker. If they can't keep their own tips then where's the incentive. To answer the other poster. As a form of government (except for the fact that practically it doesn't work), what is wrong "ideally" with dividing all wealth among the whole population equally so no one goes without. Ideally one assumes that everybody who is able works and/or goes to school. I'm thinking in terms of Marx not Stalin and Ho Che Minh.

Really, I wasn't trying to piss any of you off. I was just trying to stick up for a place that is trying to accomodate somewhere between 25-40% increase in business. I'm just saying one has to allow for a little growing pains and those in charge definately have to make some decisions and changes.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:11 PM

Default Re: My 1.5 cents...I have wanted to say this for a while!!

I was at FW's for the last 4 days.

They had 1 new dealer (it was his 3rd day)in the box at the only (at the time) 20/40 game going. So they do spread the new dealers all around the room.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:10 AM

Default Re: My 1.5 cents...I have wanted to say this for a while!!

In Novemeber when I was at FW, I waited 20 minutes for a 20 holdem seat. I was next up, and some guy left the game I was waiting on and I went to sit down.

The floor came over and asks me "What are you doing?!"
I say "Im next up"
He says "Are you XX ?"
I say "No, JC"
He says with a huge attitude "Im sick and tired of these people trying to sneak into games"
He then checks the list and sees he's wrong and Im next.
He comes back to the table and tells the dealer to deal, not even acknowledging me or the fact that he was wrong. let alone an apology
What a dick! (wish I had written down his name)