Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: To push or not to push?
not to push 1 2.44%
to push 40 97.56%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Automating Session Reviews

Hmm its a tough one really.

Any newbie will probably want more sessions reviewed and his reviews will most likly suck.

I'll use myself as an example.
I consider myself an "ok" player. However should i review some guys session whose playing professional and felt like playing some 1/2 from his 100/200 game my advice would probably be poor.

Now compare a 100/200 player reviwing a 1/2 session of mine, i think i'd gain more.

So i feel newbies would just make crappy reviews to have their sessions reviewed.

I think you'd be in competition with this forum also, I mean pretty much ever post here is a hand history requestion advice.

It sounds nice, but give it a month and i can see it becoming a poor service.

Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 01:29 PM

Sorry, I guess I'm not being clear. I'll try better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The session will be reviewed as a whole, but you'll see the hands one at a time. Basically, you'll start a review session and get the first hand. Comment on that and click a button to get the next hand, and so forth. If you want to skip around hands to see action on previous hands or to get reads, you can do that.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:38 PM

Hey, I'll take the bad with the good. It's all useful.

Honestly, if you're playing 1/2, you're going to get a more useul review from a good 1/2 player than a 100/200 player. The games are too different. Even getting your session reviewed by someone playing lower limits than you can be very instructive. I play 3/6 and had a 1/2 playre review my session last week. I think he did a great job.

I don't mean for this to be competitive with these forums at all. For one, there won't be discussion forums (except possibly for technical help). Also, I would expect hands in which there's not agreement between player and reviewer to be posted here for general discussion.

I appreciate your feedback. It's good to hear stuff like this before I sink lots of time into it.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:44 PM

is there a wiki that can help with such a thing?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:49 PM

Dang, dude. This would be pretty sweet. I'd love to see it happen as you describe. As a mod, though, I feel compelled to add one thing, though. If this flies, and you want to post about it in the forum or used for the session revies that Numeri organizes, then you won't be able to charge for it or have any banner ads. You will be allowed to ask for donations, however, which I think is a pretty reasonable request given how much you'd have to pay for this out of pocket.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:01 PM

So basically.

You log in, Hunt down POKhERS sessions, find one and go through each hand(Presented in a sexy format like 2+2 or maybe even replayed).

You have a comment box and these are "attached" to each individual hand.

I tend say get an email saying Slansky just reviewed your session please go here to see comments made. It will list the hands with comment, almost like a forum format?

I.e. "Hero blah blah wins pot [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Fish mucks"

"I think you played this hand ok, id of lost the pot and clubbed the fish"

if i disagree, can i then add a comment to his comment?

"Yeah but if i club the fish then ive got to hit a spade to burry him"

or do i now need to go to 2+2 and say "So sklanksy you say this and that and i reckon i should of done this and that"?

This paragraph ^^^^ would make me wonder if it would be in competition with 2+2 forum.

Actually sounds good if its what im thinking(see above). Bit shattered and on tilt so didn't read the whole thread back over.

How would you break even interms of money though? I mean sure advertising if it kicks off and donations will help a bit but for a storage space its going to cost a bit(Bandwidth).

i guess you could get it cheaper by compressing hands and stuff?

Anyhow yeah on second review it sounds pretty good. Having only a technical forum is cool.

I guess its like POKERAVI but with hand history formats and comments wont be in a forum thread?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:09 PM

I voted 3, here is why.

Personally I love the idea, I actually think that you can learn almost as much reviewing other people's hand histories as you can from people reviewing your own.

However, the key to this is reviewing GOOD players hand histories. If you are picking up a hand history file I think that I would like to know if it is someone who is winning at 3bb/100 and looking for minor tweaks or someone who is -3bb/100 and in desparate need of help.

The issue will be to have people provide a screenshot of their PT general tab before posting, so that you know what your getting into.

I don't know if this makes any sense, but it is what I was thinking.

Margon
Old 12-14-2005, 03:20 PM

I hadn't planned on charging anything (see "free" in OP) and hadn't thought about advertising. I (optimistally?) expected that my play would improve by the $x per month by using the site myself to cover the costs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I also expect bandwidth to be pretty cheap considering there's no multimedia files being transmitted over the wire. Of course donations wouldn't be turned down.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there a wiki that can help with such a thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. At least not in the incarnation of such a beast as I'm thinking about.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess its like POKERAVI but with hand history formats and comments wont be in a forum thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose, for the most part, this is true. Here are its advantages in my mind though: bandwidth issues should go away, from both my and the user's sides; hand history text files are far more accessible to the masses (in terms of being technically competent) than creating video files; the ability to annotate the hand directly, rather than refer to it by time/frame/hand number/etc.