Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Best online sites for softest competition

Maybe this has been answered in the internet gambling forum, but I thought I'd ask here.

I'm curious for opinions about where the easiest games are, and maybe that's in the context of a beginner/smaller stakes player like myself.

I've been playing online for almost two months and have played at three different sites - PartyPoker, Intertops, and PokerStars. Here are my comments of those three -

Intertops - Of the three I have played the easiest tournaments are here. The micro limit hold 'em is also pretty easy.

PartyPoker - I didn't play any tournaments here, but I cleared a bonus playing .50/$1 hold 'em. I thought the competition on these limit tables was slightly easier than Intertops.

PokerStars - I found this site to be considerably tougher from the standpoint of my opponents' quality of play. Both limit tables and tournaments were much much harder. Also, the bonus is much harder to clear than at PartyPoker.

I think I'm probably slightly above-average in comparison to the typical online poker player, but probably very mediocre compared to the solid online player.

I assume that Intertops will change radically or go away on Dec. 1st now that PartyPoker owns them. Are there any other sites that are recommeneded?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Best online sites for softest competition

There's a good discussion on which sites have the most fish at

beat the fish
Old 11-28-2005, 03:03 PM

Thanks for the site. It seems slow and I'm getting a lot of errors on it, but it does have some interesting info.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:30 PM

I would go with PartyPoker. It has the most games and the most fish. It sounds like you'll be a winner at their .5/1 game. Get your bankroll up over 1K and move to the 2/4.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would go with PartyPoker. It has the most games and the most fish. It sounds like you'll be a winner at their .5/1 game. Get your bankroll up over 1K and move to the 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking about trying to get the bonuses at Pacific Poker and Paradise Poker, because they both offer 25%. Would you recommend that, or would you just go to PartyPoker and do their 20% reloads?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:56 PM

Partypoker's bonuses are now sporadic and account specific based on play and cashout history. Not as good as they used to be...
Old 11-28-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a good discussion on which sites have the most fish at

beat the fish

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, i eyeballed it and it certainly looked like useful content rather than spam. So I felt comfortable enough to link it at http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Online#External_links .

(Of course, everyone's invited to add other links, especially to online poker site reviews, there.)

Incidentally I'm of the opinion that Pacific is the absolute fishiest, if you don't multitable (which IMO you shouldn't as a beginner) and don't mind uebercrappy software.