Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Poker and ADD

I used the search function and looked at the listed posts containing add in the subject line and found nothing (found a bunch about addicted to poker).

I 'll start out by saying that i was diagnosed as having ADD six years ago. I have not done anything substantial about it.

Mostly I am wondering if many of us are ADD and what you do to minimize it's affects in your life in general, and at poker specifically.

It seemes that poker and internet short hande poker would be ideal to bring out the hyper focus in people with ADD. So i thought many of you would have some interesting insight.

thanx
Bud
Old 11-14-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Poker and ADD

I have ADD and I am currently on 40mg of Adderall XR. I find that when I am playing without it my bb/100 is reduced up to 30%!

However, back to the topic at hand. I play solely shorthanded because of this as it allows me to be in more hands and keeps me out of the trouble I could get in at a full ring. A good way to calm yourself down is the excercise before playing or you could try medication. It really does help me and puts me in a zone which is usually hard for me to get into without the meds.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Poker and ADD

[ QUOTE ]
I have ADD and I am currently on 40mg of Adderall XR. I find that when I am playing without it my bb/100 is reduced up to 30%!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dam no wondering im sucking so bad Im only on the 20 mg.