Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Limit TT Check Up

I've been playing NL lately, and after taking a beating over the past few days I decided to switch back to limit. Just wondering what you guys think of how I played this hand, kinda just wanting to know if I'm getting back on track on limit.

Villian (mp1) is unknown. He just sat down a few hands ago, and hadn't played anything except when he posted. He is a mouthy little kid, so it'd be real nice to win a huge pot off him.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (11.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

I thought the turn card was somewhat bad for me, because I thought he caught 2 pair or a flush draw and a straight draw, either a J or Q. My plan on the river was to call a reraise, as one of the hands I put him on was A2, but thankfully I didn't have to.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Limit TT Check Up

I am tempted to check that flop if I knew there was an aggressive player behind me. That board had to hit someone and it is likely I am huge favorite. I can then trap the other players for two more bets and build a big pot.

Remember that situations like this are gold in limit hold em. Focus on all the players in the pot at that time. You may even trick an aggressive player into a bluff. Your way ahead and you collect your money on the flop.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:29 PM

Nice hand.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought the turn card was somewhat bad for me, because I thought he caught 2 pair or a flush draw and a straight draw, either a J or Q. My plan on the river was to call a reraise, as one of the hands I put him on was A2, but thankfully I didn't have to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to cap the river; you're ahead more often than you're behind here. nh.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am tempted to check that flop if I knew there was an aggressive player behind me. That board had to hit someone and it is likely I am huge favorite. I can then trap the other players for two more bets and build a big pot.

Remember that situations like this are gold in limit hold em. Focus on all the players in the pot at that time. You may even trick an aggressive player into a bluff. Your way ahead and you collect your money on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I amiably disagree with checking the flop. You have to protect your hand with a raised (big) pot. Only one player acts behind you and giving a free card here would be the worst.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:36 PM

I don't see anything wrong with this. I'd have been tempted to check the river through after the second A fell, but that's a leak of mine.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:37 PM

Very Nice Hand..
I would want to check raise on the flop but I would have to know I got someone behind me thats not gonna check. If I have no reads than I definitely bet out on the flop...
Good 3bet on the turn..
Hades18
Old 10-25-2005, 07:37 PM

Completely standard. Nice hand.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I amiably disagree with checking the flop. You have to protect your hand with a raised (big) pot. Only one player acts behind you and giving a free card here would be the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could giving a free card be the worst result for you? There is much worse things you can do in poker. The big question here is how aggressive was the player left to act behind the OP.

The only hand ahead of you at this point is QJ. That could be out there but I am not playing this passive. I even have live outs against that hand.

Also, to the poster who feared the second ace coming out, why?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:44 PM

Just bet the flop. You don't want to give infinte odds to a gutshot or let someone check and catch a free backdoor draw because you were getting tricky. Bet the flop. You want to bet this flop with AJ or KQ too right? So, don't check this time.