Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Whose your pick?
San Antonio Spurs 85 64.89%
Detroit Pistons 46 35.11%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2005, 05:16 AM

Default NO @ MINN

I like Minn alot at -4. It has to be one of the top plays of the week. Does anybody else have a take on this game?
Old 09-21-2005, 08:46 AM

Default Re: NO @ MINN

NO has been the better team so far. Six turnovers last week, but the defense played adequately and the offense moved the ball at will when it wasn't handing it to the other team.

On the other hand, I'm waiting for the Saints' situation to catch up with them, so I wouldn't touch this game with actual money. But that's me.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:51 PM

Just seeing everybody play N.O. has to scream take MINN! Remember - the public is normally wrong.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:58 PM

I think its reckless to bet the vikings until they prove they know how to play football. I bet the over and the vikings on this same game last year but who knows this year.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:58 PM

Anyone put any put any stock in the fact that NO embarrassed themselves on Monday Night, which was the big hurricane relief drive? Seems like playing as underdogs this week against a very bad team is the perfect scenario for redemption.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone put any put any stock in the fact that NO embarrassed themselves on Monday Night, which was the big hurricane relief drive? Seems like playing as underdogs this week against a very bad team is the perfect scenario for redemption.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did they embrass themselves? They play some mock homegame in the Meadowlands. Basically a home game for NYG. The coach has nowhere to stay; along with a lot of the players as well.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:32 PM

I'm not really interested in why they lost, I'm just saying they played a sloppy game in front of a national audience on a telethon night that really put them in the spotlight. Following the theory that a team will play well after a loss on Monday Night, I just figure it goes double considering the telethon and the extra media. Add to that fact that they're a dog (even factoring 3 points for being on the road) against a really bad team and I think it's at least an interesting pick
Old 09-21-2005, 07:56 PM

Re; the theory on the losing monday night game i really dont buy. This is NO's 4th road game (counting the pre season game) in a row.

I am going to risk half my bankroll on this game. I just hope the line goes lower.... Play and PRAY! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2005, 08:11 PM

wow, half your bankroll? Do you really feel the edge is that big considering Minn. play as of late? They have shown you that they can win by four? NO did beat Carolina if you remember. Please don't take that risk. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2005, 10:03 PM

EZ MONEY!