Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: When Should I stop?

Going berzerk on the river is bad; after the turn gets capped and he leads into you, think AK, AJ, and AA.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely a winner in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know after one day? You have a lot of SH experience?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

The tables were incredibly soft according to the database that I was using, which had reads on most of my opponents.

I'm a 2.3 winner at 5/10 6m after 40k or so. The tables were definitely softer than the 5/10 tables I'm used to playing. I haven't seen that many cold-calls since 1/2 6max.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's possible he might know he can beat the players at a particular table, but it's clearly not possible to know he's a winner at the level overall. And the former isn't really important, unless he's asking whether he should get off one a specific table.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how much bankroll do you have behind the 6500?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh. If I had a bigger BR behind the 6500 this wouldn't be much of a stab, and I wouldn't be worried about a 75BB downswing.

I sat down with 6500 in my BR. The tables were good enough to warrant it.

[/ QUOTE ]

if that's your whole bankroll (~5000 left), i would step down immediately. the tables are often juicy, but the aggression will make the swings bigger. losing 30-40% of your bankroll can affect your play pretty dramtically

there's a reason 10-20 is still my main game even though my bankroll surpassed 1000 BB long ago - the games are great as long as you can handle the swings
Old 10-10-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's possible he might know he can beat the players at a particular table, but it's clearly not possible to know he's a winner at the level overall. And the former isn't really important, unless he's asking whether he should get off one a specific table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, this is what I meant.

I don't think I'm a winner at the 10/20 usually, but I was sitting at some really really nice tables. I saw multiple people cold-call 3 a number of times. Cold-calling 2 was normal.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Took a stab at the 10/20 6m today with 6500$. I'm down ~1400$. The games are incredibly soft, the beats are ridiculous. I'm definitely a winner in this game.

When should I get up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not know that the 6500 was your whole BR. I would stop. you don't want to be unable to play 5/10 as your main game, how many BB would you be comfortable playing 5/10 with?
Old 10-10-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

The tables were incredibly soft according to the database that I was using, which had reads on most of my opponents.

I'm a 2.3 winner at 5/10 6m after 40k or so. The tables were definitely softer than the 5/10 tables I'm used to playing. I haven't seen that many cold-calls since 1/2 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you found a good table or two, but I'm not sure that one day of good tables is much reason to decide you're going to be a winner at the 10 with a severely diminished bankroll.

Rob
Old 10-10-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Took a stab at the 10/20 6m today with 6500$. I'm down ~1400$. The games are incredibly soft, the beats are ridiculous. I'm definitely a winner in this game.

When should I get up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not know that the 6500 was your whole BR. I would stop. you don't want to be unable to play 5/10 as your main game, how many BB would you be comfortable playing 5/10 with?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm done playing. Ended down 1400$. I stopped about 10 minutes ago.

I've got about 8k in savings from poker, and I play the 5/10 with 500BB's, or 5k, which I've got in my BR now, so I'm in fine shape.

I had a good run at the beginning of this month at 5/10, so I'm actually only down 50$ for the month. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm pissed I didn't walk away a winner at these tables, they were insane.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you found a good table or two, but I'm not sure that one day of good tables is much reason to decide you're going to be a winner at the 10 with a severely diminished bankroll.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

My first post wasnt clear. I don't have any idea about my winingness at the 10/20, but it was definitely hugely +EV to sit at these tables.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:02 PM

ah ok...similar situation to mine. I have money saved from poker but I guess I always think I could reload in an emergency so I count it as BR. Seems you'll be fine, gl.