Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Name Change: IdiotLiberal

I am surprised about the lack of hands I have on you. Dont have any actually notes but your incredible.

111 hands VPIP 27% W$SF 58% W$SD 90% BB 29.01/100
Old 10-05-2005, 03:09 PM

You sure do like open-limping from the small blind.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:21 PM

Could you give some examples of where you think this play was bad?

My rules for playing from the SB first in are very dependent on the BB, and much less dependent on my cards. For marginal hands my approach is probably something like this:

Against loose-passives. Limp with marginal hands (T9o).

Against LAGs. Fold marginal hands, or limp-reraise with them (if the LAG plays weakly after the flop).

Against tights. Raise all marginal hands, limp with big hands.

Against TAGs. Either raise marginal hands (unless the TAG has demonstrated a willingness to play back at me by three-betting) or limp marginal hands (if the TAG will let met) and c/r the flop with any pair, draw, or overcards.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:52 PM

I didn't say it was bad, just that you did it quite often in the hands I have on you and it's unusual. Just one thing though, you say you fold marginal hands against lags but I'm looking at a hand where you open limped 97o against a 40/27 and another where you open limp 86o against a 40/12 (you could say he's more loose-passive but 86o is less than marginal, no?). Maybe these arent standard for you though so whatever.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Country\'s never been in worse shape . . .

[ QUOTE ]
Bush should be impeached, for sure, if not worse. This country has become a laughing stock around the world. After the Katrina fiasco, I was ashamed to be an American.

Thousands of American lives have been needlessly sacrificed as a result of this administration's incompetance and arrogance.

Bush and his cronies are uneducated, unintelligent morons who have absolutely no sense of history, science, foreign affairs, or human nature.

Hopefully, this Country can survive another 3 years of it.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it that my post commenting on this post gets deleted, but the original off topic post doesnt?
Old 10-07-2005, 12:33 PM

I actually only played one session with you, and didn't see anything exceptional. This hand was the only thing I disagreed with. You had 1010 in the sb, and I thought you should have raised pf and reraised on the flop. But I can't remember what the opponents were like.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Th Tc (one pair, tens).
Button has Qs Ac (high card, ace).
Outcome: SB wins 12 BB. </font>
Old 10-07-2005, 12:49 PM

Here's a couple of more hands. First hand you raise with 66 on the button. I think it's ok, but wonder how others feel about betting the turn.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

SB has Ac 5s (one pair, aces).
Button has 6h 6s (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: SB wins 6.50 BB. </font>

In this hand, you had A9o in the sb, and completed after button limped in. Should you have raised pf? And I'm not sure about the other streets either.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Button checks.

River: (2.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

SB has As 9c (two pair, aces and sevens).
Button has Ah 8d (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: Button wins 3.25 BB. SB wins 3.25 BB. </font>
Old 10-07-2005, 12:50 PM

157 hand vs. IdiotLiberal:
VP$P: 31.85
Folded SB to Steal: 100%
Folded BB to Steal: 66.67%
Att. To Steal Blinds: 66.67%
Won $ WSF%: 40
Amount won: (155.99)
BB/100 Hands: (9.94)
Went to SD %:30.91
Won $ at SD%: 47.06

Small sample but, you folded your blinds too much, appear a bit too loose and too passive. You limped in too much and weren't aggressive enough on flops.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:06 PM

Hand 1: TT in the SB. Youre definitely right, I should raise this preflop. Not sure why I didnt. On the flop, I alternate between three betting in this situation and donking the turn, so I could go either way and not feel bad about it.

Hand 2: I definitely bet the turn again. The bet on the flop folded the limper, so its HU and I am conceivably ahead of some hands (spade or club re/draws), bottom pair, gutshot draws. Also, there is some small chance that a bet on the turn could fold a better hand like red 88, 99 etc.

Hand 3: A9o from the SB against (apparently) a guy who seems a big LAGgy judging by his river raise. (I mean what's the point to raising the river? He chops with any ace, and loses to a few hands.) I still probably complete here rather than raise. The PFR has the benefit of getting the pot HU, but I generally dont like having to commit myself to autobetting the flop OOP against a LAG. I think it is easier to play if you complete, bet if you hit the board in any way, or c/r the LAG if you hit a blank board.

Intersting comments though. Maybe my play from the SB needs work. I tend to be a lot less aggressive from the SB in my preflop play, because Im thinking ahead to how I will play on later streets. Maybe Im missing lots of preflop equity by not raising here? When Im in position (hand 2), the play is notably more aggressive.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:11 PM

what PFR did you have?