Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 08:55 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Poker Tracker Omaha-Just Use Default auto-rate rules?

Hey there, first time trying out PTO, and I'm a bit overwhelmed at all the functionality.

Should I just use the default rule-set for rating players, or does anyone have some files they'd recommend I import for use?

This is for full-ring Omaha hi/lo 8 or better tables.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Omaha-Just Use Default auto-rate rules?

Gnu,

If you take a look at the O8 chapter, you will see that L0QTiS wrote some numbers that work better for Omaha than the defalt numbers.

We were just talking about fine tuning them a little too.

I don't have the link, but you know where to look. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dave
Old 05-25-2005, 12:21 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
Gnu,

If you take a look at the O8 chapter, you will see that L0QTiS wrote some numbers that work better for Omaha than the defalt numbers.

We were just talking about fine tuning them a little too.

I don't have the link, but you know where to look. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Dave! Here's the link: Poker Tracker Omaha Rule Set

But I copied and pasted into a text file and the formatting doesn't work correctly. I've PM'ed him so he can send me the attachment. Thanks again!
Old 05-25-2005, 07:14 PM

Since L0QTiS was nice enough to put together a good Hi/Lo ruleset I plan on including it as the default rules in the next PTO patch. There will be two buttons, one for Hi/Lo (L0QTiS's) and another for Hi. I really hope a someone with a lot of PTO Hi game data can come up with a better Hi ruleset since the current one is Hold'em based. If anyone has such a thing I would be grateful if you could send it my way. Thanks.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since L0QTiS was nice enough to put together a good Hi/Lo ruleset I plan on including it as the default rules in the next PTO patch. There will be two buttons, one for Hi/Lo (L0QTiS's) and another for Hi. I really hope a someone with a lot of PTO Hi game data can come up with a better Hi ruleset since the current one is Hold'em based. If anyone has such a thing I would be grateful if you could send it my way. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got his attachment and it's working great. Just won another 25 bucks in 2 hours of play (4 tabling, three tables of 0.25/0.50 and one of 0.50/1)

If this keeps up, I'll be able to afford the extra scratch for a registration code so I can go past 1,000 hands in PTO, w00t!