Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: GG Steve Danneman

I believe Danneman prefaced his story to his friend by saying that Lederer was in a tough run of cards and bad luck and that he used this knowledge to make the bluff, since lederer had recently lost a third (actually a half) of his stack, does not sound that donkeyish to me, sounds like using good information to make a nice play.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe Danneman prefaced his story to his friend by saying that Lederer was in a tough run of cards and bad luck and that he used this knowledge to make the bluff, since lederer had recently lost a third (actually a half) of his stack, does not sound that donkeyish to me, sounds like using good information to make a nice play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all fine and good, but getting up the instant the hand was over to call your friend and brag about it was total douchebaggery.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's a Mortgage Banker/CPA I'm sure he can afford it whether he can play or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Since when does that job = big money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of Mortgage Banker's in this area make $1m+ yearly.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:23 PM

That's all fine and good, but getting up the instant the hand was over to call your friend and brag about it was total douchebaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the editing they do, how do you know it was done instantly after the hand was over. I was on the rail watching some of the action at the ESPN table and didn't see him act out of line at all.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hell Kate Hudson's brother went bought in for 10k and lost on the first hand to Sammy Farha. Yeah it was a full house but it was tens full on a AAT board (first hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't go broke on that hand as well, then you truly are an NLFool.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, no. did you see the hand? He didn't play it very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also went broke on an AATQ board correct, not an AAT board?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's a Mortgage Banker/CPA I'm sure he can afford it whether he can play or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Since when does that job = big money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of Mortgage Banker's in this area make $1m+ yearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mortgage banker is merely a mortgage lender. I just went to several sites and the average salary is approx $45k. I guess like any profession you have a few +9 std dev types that make big money, while the rest drive Hondas.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:36 PM

1) we don't know the time between when the hand ended and when the call was made.

2) at the time of the hand, I believe play was hand-for-hand, meaning a lot of dead time between hands. It took 90 minutes to play the 13 hands required to eliminate places 569 through 561.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the editing they do, how do you know it was done instantly after the hand was over. I was on the rail watching some of the action at the ESPN table and didn't see him act out of line at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the first thing I thought when they showed him making the phone call. I couldn't help but wonder if it was immediately after the hand or if it took place during a break 30 mins later. How can you really tell given the fact that ESPN is known to edit stuff to make more of a 'story' for TV.

Something else that kind of annoyed me was why in the hell is ESPN so focused on a guy's personal phone call in the first place? I'm guessing all the guys at the featured table are mic'd and maybe he forgot that when he made the call. But I don't think that gives ESPN a right to put that on the air....does it?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:49 PM

The point was not the time frame during which the call was made, but rather that the call was made at all.

And also, if you listed to his tone during the call it's obvious to anyone who isn't deaf and/or blind that the guy is a tool.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear him use the term "Pocket Rockets" or "American Airlines" to describe his pocket Aces.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I don't think that gives ESPN a right to put that on the air....does it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's the fine print you sign off when you register that gives them the right.