Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Turning Stone Emp State - 1st tourney recap

Well, I only got the chance to play in one, but I made it count. 206 people in the shootout format - 21 tables. I played pretty well in my table and was 2nd in chips when I caught a 6-3-3 flop with my 6-3 in an unraised pot in the BB. Chip leader had J8 and almost went broke when the turn/river were J8 (I had slowplayed). I went on to win my table and move to the final 2 tables - 21 total

I played relatively tight and lost a chunk when my AT lost to JJ with a Txx flop. But I held on til the final table and the last 10 of us decided to chop. We each took hom $2,898. Cardplayer.com has the payouts, but they have it listed what we would have won w/out the chop (big difference). Anyone else play in that tourney?
Old 08-15-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone Emp State - 1st tourney recap

[ QUOTE ]
I went on to win my table and move to the final 2 tables - 21 total

[/ QUOTE ]

So they just went to a standard 21-person MTT format after that? What did they do about chip stacks?

Congrats on the win.. represent the trout =)
Old 08-15-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone Emp State - 1st tourney recap

Yeah, after that it was 2 tables - 10 and 11 and a regular tourney format. Chip stacks were even at 2,500 a piece and blinds reset to 25/50.