Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: How do you tell your Best Friend his G/F Sucks!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"He is 26, she is 18"

Of course she is clingy, she is an immature teenager!!!! He needs to get rid of her. It's rough when it's your friend though, you don't want to piss him off.
I was in somewhat of a similar situation and I did NOTHING. In the end, it is not my life but his!

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Staying out of that one.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"He is 26, she is 18"

Of course she is clingy, she is an immature teenager!!!! He needs to get rid of her. It's rough when it's your friend though, you don't want to piss him off.
I was in somewhat of a similar situation and I did NOTHING. In the end, it is not my life but his!

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Staying out of that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

fine whatever.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...someone sounds jealous

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought when I read this part
[ QUOTE ]
He is 26, she is 18.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Believe me I don't envy the immaturity and inability to go into clubs and bars with my g/f. I mean my g/f is 18 has a nice ring to it, but is it all that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, your right it does sound nice on paper. We sound like we're about the same age (I'm 26) and the only way I would be able to put up with a 18 g/f would be if she lived in another state.

By the way, I feel for you but some times peoples priorities in life change. Your friend might be ready to move on and settle down and start a family. It doesn't mean you can't still be friends it just means you won't see him as often. I think you risk the friendship by telling him his g/f is a problem. I would suggest just letting it go because maybe he'll get sick of her anyway.

Edit: Have you tried the Ask Bison thread [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i'm 26, and i've considered the fact that he may just be ready to settle down and have a family and maybe she's the "ONE". We really don't hang out much with the exception of these little vacations to Vegas and such. We live like 800 miles from each other. We hang out like once every 2 months, she's just making it less fun and more hassle.

Overall I have to say there has been some good advice in this thread I appreciate it and i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who deals with this. I particularly liked the idea about cancelling and giving excuses about why I can't do stuff. This would actually work with my buddy, only thing is I would never see him, so that would suck.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:06 PM

My best friend disappeared on me for two months after he fell in love. Some guys just get stupid. Thankfully his fiance (as she is now) is pretty cool.

I'd just echo some of the good advice in this thread.

Focus on him being a whipped little boy rather than attacking her for being a clingy beetch.

Cancel the vacation and make it clear you don't like hanging out with the person he's become as much as you liked the person he used to be.

Tell him she's great (all guys love hearing that) but that he's an idiot.

BTW - I'd think that Bros before Hos still applies for most people, but only on big things, and only with Hos.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:08 AM

It's [censored] like this that makes me wish I wasn't heterosexual.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His brother even wants in on it. HELP ME OOT!

[/ QUOTE ]

I recommend you and his brother talk to him together. Basically catch him alone and stage an intervention, but with beer. I think it'll be harder to for him to deny it with both of you saying the same thing.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:10 AM

Don't say anything. About the only lesson I've learnt in life is never, ever come between two people if you are friends/family with at least one of em. Even to the extent of just badmouthing.

It always goes awry and has a bad outcome. Even if they split up, he'll start to feel resentful cos you took so long to speak, he'll remember better than she was and resent you for ruining it etc etc etc
If they stay together, he'll tell her what you said at some point, and she'll bring it up at every opportunity, poisoning him against you etc etc etc

you get the idea?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:13 AM

Instead of hiring a Killer, cant you hire a honey trap to sort this out.

Might as well make it a hooker so your mate gets laid at the same time. Just make sure there ae photographs or even better evil GF walks in on them together. You could do this the other way round but it may damge your freinds ego to find his GF in bed with a male stud etc etc.

The most important thing to realise is that straight conversation cannot win this for you. You are going to have to get sly to win in this spot.