Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: How do you tell your Best Friend his G/F Sucks!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She is 18. Good Idea, but who do I have knocked off?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends. If this is isolated behavior for him, then her. If this is going to be a headache for you as long as you know this guy, then both of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has always fallen pretty hard and fast. But his g/f's were always cool. She is the exception. So she has to die
Old 07-19-2005, 02:20 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just tell him what you think. That's all you can do. Don't press the issue, just let him know what you think and then let him make whatever decision he wants to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I intend on doing. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or even get him to dump her. I just want him to wake up and see what's goin on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Realize that saying anything even remotely disparaging to him about her will likely have the effect of making him closer to her. He will likely resent you. Even though you guys were once tight. I wouldn't just get him alone and unload about his g/f. He won't listen. You have to frame it a certain way. Even make up some good points about her if you have to so it isn't just a rant about her to him. Remember, you're criticizing someone who is making him happy. As sick as it looks.

Be prepared because you could lose a friend here for awhile after approaching him about this. I had to take that into consideration when I had to turn down a close friend who asked me to be his best man at his wedding because of what I thought of his fiancee who at the time, nobody could stand. Thankfully everything turned out OK on that one, but it is a minefield.

Good luck.

b
Old 07-19-2005, 02:22 PM

I was in a similar situation, my best friends gf is a twat, and our mutual friends and me told hmi that, he didnt care and now he's pretty much hjust hanging with his gf, it sucks too...he used to be great guy.
I tried saying it subtly, then tried telling him flat out in his face(and her face) he turned deaf ears to me.
GL
Old 07-19-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wish I could tell ya...my buddy ended up marrying her though and now he's screwed for life (or the length of the marriage), so I'm no help.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i'm afraid of. He is transferring to a different state. She is going with him.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just tell him what you think. That's all you can do. Don't press the issue, just let him know what you think and then let him make whatever decision he wants to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I intend on doing. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or even get him to dump her. I just want him to wake up and see what's goin on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, you're criticizing someone who is making him happy. As sick as it looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about this one. I know he misses playing poker, cause he told me. Whenever he visits he always makes sure my G/F is there to keep her off his back..as he puts it. I do get what ur saying though. I'm not gonna ambush him and "go off".. It will be tame and calm.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wish I could tell ya...my buddy ended up marrying her though and now he's screwed for life (or the length of the marriage), so I'm no help.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i'm afraid of. He is transferring to a different state. She is going with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you this much though - if you are absolutely certain he is a lost cause, then just pretend to like her so you don't wind up losing your buddy over it.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:29 PM

...someone sounds jealous
Old 07-19-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of what?
Old 07-19-2005, 02:36 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

I think it's best to focus on what a douche he is acting like than your personal distaste for her. Try convincing him to stand up for himself a bit. Maybe that will lead to him figuring everything out for himself.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone has terrible reading comprehension.