Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 10:09 PM

Default Goin to Vegas in a week and 1/2

I've been reading that mandalay, excalibur, mirage among others have good low limit games. I checked out the mandalay bay web site and it says they offer 4-8 1/2 kill. Im not real familiar will kill games, actually I have no idea what the hell it means. Some places also offer spread games like 2-5, once again...clueless. I was hoping someone could clear up how kill and spread games work and what is a good bankroll to sit at a 4-8 1/2 kill game... I basically only play 2-4 and 3-6 limit at the hawaiian gardens and buy in for a rack. I do pretty well at these limits but I've never played 4-8 or any spread or kill games. Thanks for any help..
Old 09-09-2004, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Goin to Vegas in a week and 1/2

I played at Mandalay Bay a couple weeks ago. The half kill means that if the same player wins two hands in a row, then the next hand is played at 6 - 12 limits. full kill would be 8 and 16 limits. once a different player wins a hand the limits go back to 4 - 8. I don't like the kill option but it came in to play so few times that it didn't bother me. just made sure I had better than usual starting hands when I got involved in the half kill pots. any good on line player will make money at Mandaly Bay. Plus they have great jackpots for anything from 4 of a kind up hands played. One guy at my table won over $300 for a straight flush the first night I played there and another won over $100 for a straight flush the second night at my table. Another table paid off several hundred for a 4 of a kind. Adds a little interest to the session. Can't go wrong with 3-6 at Mirage either but they have no jackpot payoffs. Had good mix of experienced versus new players at both poker rooms to make it fun and profitable when I played there.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:55 PM

Spread limit is like no-limit except there's a maximum you can bet. At the Excalibur they have 1-3 and 2-6. At 1-3 there's a single $1 blind and you can bet/raise from $1 to $3 on any street.

The Sahara used to have 1-4-8-8 (I don't know if they do now). If I remember right you can bet $1 to $4 pre-flop and on the flop, and $1 to $8 on the turn and river.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:31 AM

$ wise $100-200 range is fine start at the 4/8 with half kill or full kill.

Easy for any good online player at MB? Not necessarily.... But $500 bankroll for 2-3 days at that game should be plenty, as example...

YMMV is always applicable at vegas poker rooms, remember the option of getting a seat change!

>TW<