Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Stats, Downswings, and Whatnot

In the last couple days, this forum has seen quite a rash of stats posts and downswing posts. Now, I'm not pointing fingers or blaming people, and PBob's post even generated some decent discussion (and fat chick jokes). However, these sorts of posts are typically of minimal strategic value compared to the various hand posts and the like that get posted here everyday. So, what do you guys want me (and the other mods here, presumably) with them? As a rule, I'm shipping downswing posts to BBV as soon as I catch them, unless they've already sparked some good discussion. Anyone disagree with this?

Stats posts walk a finer line, though. There was talk in MHSH about shipping stats posts to BBV, but I'm not sure I agree with this. You guys may, though, so I'll definitely hear your opinions. Another solution that has enjoyed some success over in Micro is the designated stats thread. This puts at most one stats post on the front page at a given time, and it creates a one stop shop for some people to hopefully get their stats questions answered preemptively. Alternatively, we can just let every stats post have it's day in the sun, and I do nothing.

What do you guys think? Let me know what I should be doing (if anything) with these sorts of posts, in general anyway. There'll be exceptions to pretty much every rule.